• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

well its not the weekend but started with the 99 intake upgrade and apn header and the holes in the header that go on the head studs dont line up.

sooo APN is shipping me another one to see whats up...so THIS weekend hopefully ill have, MORE POWER!!

Mudderoy said:
Ahhh ok. I didn't get one. I just moved it from the bottom to the top and put some silicon on it.

I can't believe they sell just the "O" ring. I figured you'd have to buy a new transfer case or something. lol

Well for future reference then, plan on about $7 at the dealer for one. The only thing we didn't try was one of those o-ring "kits" you can get from places like harbor freight and such....very well may be one in there...but we didn't have one of those handy in the parking lot of our apartment complex.....and after driving around to every Napa, Advance, and Autozone in the area with no luck...bit the bullet and went to the dealer.

Well....the weekend isn't even over yet and it's gotten progressively worse as far as projects on the Jeep go.

-Got a shelf built for the back to hide my stuff and clean things up a bit...no problem
-Changed the Oil...other than making a huge mess, no problem
-Started out to fix the sticking rear latch before it got completely stuck, and it got completely stuck :banghead:...big problem considering all my stuff is in the back now
-Center the front axle some more and adjust the toe which has been way out of spec for the last 2 weeks.....couldn't get the stupid adjusting nut loose on the trac bar, thus it's still off center by about half an inch, and the toe is still out.

And it's back to work for me 1st shift in the morning....maybe i'll play with it some more tomorrow afternoon. This rear latch is going to be LOADS of fun :doh:

well i got my rear fender trimmed with the cut n tuck. then did the cut n fold on the quarters.. the rear is all trimmed up but the front hasent even been touched yet. i think i'm working backwards. maybe next payday i'll order some drop brackets to move the axle forward 1.5". then look for some 35s yayyyyy

Spent the whole weekend camping with the family and some friends. No wheeling but there was alot of time spent out on the 2 boats and jet ski. And I've got the sun burn to prove it.:mad:

Went wheelin' in Harlan. Now that was fun!

PacificEd said:
Went wheelin' in Harlan. Now that was fun!
X2 and broke some shit!

had the best weekend ever!!!
it was also in Harlan...

sealed two of the three oil leaks causing my Heep to be parked on the street. Oil filter adapter and distributor o-rings needed mucho helpo!I had spares of both, so the project was pretty simple-- install everything on the nice, clean, painted items and bolt 'em up!! Does anyone know if the oil filter adapter o-rings are different for a 4.0H.O. vs. a Renix 4.0?? I had a beotch of a time getting everything seated and finally used a genaric set of o-rings I had in the garage. I'm almost pissed enough to go back to Chryco dealer and see whats up with 'em-- the package was opened when I got it, and only two of the three were even close to correct. As it is, I only ended up using one of the three from the kit..?..?.. oh well, it's nice to only have a RMS leaving one-two drops each night. That can wait 'til the new motor is ready.

I cut and folded my rear quarters, replaced my CB, made a new CB antenna mount, and moved my soundbar up over the front seats. All in all, a good weekend. On the agenda for next weekend is replacing the secondary e-fan, stainless brake lines, and a couple other odds and ends things prepping for Mountainside.

I trimmed the rear bumper on the WJ to keep it from eating my tires.

I also got a little work done on the XJ. I trimmed the front fenders, put my tail lights back in, and replaced the hatch weather strip. I need to get some 32s to check for rubbing issues on the BB.

I went ahead and modified my doors so that I can take them off now and last weekend I went ahead and Hurculined the floor

I put in some hood vents from a New Yorker, dropped the transfer case and trimmed the rear wheel wells. I also changed my spark plugs and air filter, what a difference it made!

Pulled an overhead console, 8.25, and a few other misc. little things off a totaled 2000.

Changed my front axles because they were bad. I had a rag in the drivers side from last weekend. This weekend come cut and fold on rear qaurters.

I spent sat getting drunk, then sat night swimmin in my buddys pool where I got a severe cramp and thought I was going to drown! Then I remembered I was fat and rolled to my back and floated to the side! Then I was too hung over sun to do anything and my leg hurt.:gee:

Sold 2 jeeps...

studied my arse off!!! i hate summer semesters!!!

Back