• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kelly Flat / Crystal Mountain

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone want to do a couple runs this weekend, maybe Saturday?

Looking to get the buggy's legs out to stretch, but don't want to quite go down to Indy, BV, etc. at the moment.

Nothing super hard by any means, but has some stuff to play on if you wish.

I'm thinking Kelly Flats and possibly Crystal Mountain.

I'd be looking at being up there not super early, but early enough.

We want to check out the CSU Surplus tent sale that morning, otherwise we're free.

I'd like us to get out of there no later than 10AM, and head up after that sometime.

Let me check with the boss, have to get daughters truck fixed but home to finish that Friday night if it cooperates.

I might be interested depending on what the surgeon says Thursday. The only issue is that I have a bright and shiny new paint job that I am not particularly interested in scratching up.

The surplus sale sounds fun. It has been years since I was at one.

Let me check with the boss, have to get daughters truck fixed but home to finish that Friday night if it cooperates.

Sounds good, I'll keep you posted as well. I have to get the ORI's put back in and a few other small things.

I might be interested depending on what the surgeon says Thursday. The only issue is that I have a bright and shiny new paint job that I am not particularly interested in scratching up.

The surplus sale sounds fun. It has been years since I was at one.

Right on Tom. It's a pretty easy trail as far as I know. The only "hard" part is the chutes, which I wouldn't consider that bad from what I've seen. Crystal Mountain is a pretty easy drive as well. Both are right near one anther, one down the highway from the other in the Poudre Canyon.

I ran the chutes many times but that was back before going full width. I'm just not real interested in body damage. I am not afraid of doing the bypass.

All I remember is that it has a kink in the middle and gets pretty narrow. I had to ride a tire up on a wall/rock and my drip rail was less than an inch away from scraping but that was with normal widths.

That was almost 20 years ago so the obstacle has no doubt changed.

All I remember is that it has a kink in the middle and gets pretty narrow. I had to ride a tire up on a wall/rock and my drip rail was less than an inch away from scraping but that was with normal widths.

That was almost 20 years ago so the obstacle has no doubt changed.

Yeah, that seems to be still pretty close from what I've seen in pictures.

I'll be out at Kelly Flats in the JK trying out the new Atlas transfer case with some friends on Saturday.

What time are you going to be out there?

Awesome. I'll be in a red XJ buggy :laugh:

We're going to try and hit the Surplus sale from 8-9 hopefully.

I'll have everything loaded to go so that we can try and be at the trail head at 10.

I'm coming up from Saudi Aurora and meeting people for breakfast on the way. I suspect my arrival time will depend on how fast the coffee kicks in.

:laugh:

Fair enough.

If you do have an idea what time you'll get to the trail head, let me know.

I can also PM you my cell number as well.
The goal is to get there by 9. The expectation os that it may not be 100% on time. But its a semi-official run with a few people coming from all directions to meet up so we will try our best to get there on time.

Where in, let me know where and what time you want to meet up. PM your number not sure I still have it on my phone.

Back