• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hoonigan build and battle

Im on tbe last two episodes. Been a good watch.

I watched the last Dirt Everyday episode as well and that was fun too. 3 jeeps each with a major mod. One lifted. One with gears and lockers and one with full armor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just watched it tonight. I like the way Blake's team is taking the time to do things right. The stiffeners, trusses, etc. are going to make it last a lot longer than if the just threw some tires and lift at it and beat on it. Dude can weld too.

Best quote by Blake: We almost died like three times.

The DED episode was okay but they just built them to destroy them. No real thought was put into making them last. The red rig they regeared was my favorite of the three. It also seemed to work the best.

Last edited:
Totally agree- Besides being an XJ over an exploder, it was the better thought out build... Functionally and cooler details too. That grill!!?? The color scheme etc just more attention to detail. The exploder has a gawdy rear suspension but was kinda meh after that and the cage work.

I would have liked to see much more testing/ battling. I think the course was bias to the IFS and not playing to the strengths of the XJ. Some rock crawling and different scenarios wouldve been cool to see it shine.

Blake Definetly didnt let that stop him from fully sending it tho!

I want to watch the DED, is it subscription only? Cant find that episode on the tub

Last edited:
Totally agree- beaides being an XJ over an exploder, it was the better thought out build... Functionally and cooler in details too. That grill!!?? The color scheme etc just more attention to detail. The exploder has a gawdy rear suspension but was kinda meh after that and the cage work.

I would have liked to see much more testing/ battling. I think the course was bias to the IFS and not playing to the strengths of the XJ. Some rock crawling and different scenarios wouldve been cool to see it shine.

Blake Definetly didnt let that stop him from fully sending it tho!

I want to watch the DED, is it subscription only? Cant find that episode on the tub

Right now it's only on their sub service. It usually hits youtube a month or more later.

True that... Shock value with the wood mounts no doubt, they could do both for under 30 bucks for oem

The grill looked cool, but you are right, no need to cover an already hurting design

I thought it was funny that Michael Cox (who built the Explorer) said he wanted the XJ because it was a well-rounded vehicle that had a purpose beyond the challenge.

Be sure to watch the special clips that feature a lot of behind-the-scenes footage not shown in the main 4 episodes.

Those Falken MT's and Method wheels sure look good.

Back