• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable LCA'S or not?

Moto

NAXJA Member #576
Im am going to order up the RE 4.5 lift this week but the place I plan to buy everything from, suggested that I also need to buy some adjustable LCA's or I will have severe DW. How true is this ?

Well your definately going to need a way to adjust your castor/pinion angles but I would suggest adjustable uppers!They're not only cheaper but maintain the tire/wheelwell placement!

buy from someone else... :rolleyes:

RCP is correct.

I just talked to the local 4x4 shop again and they insist that it is the lower control arms that adjust castor and pinion angle. But I trust what you all are saying much more than them. Gonna have to keep looking, thought I found a good deal , the place is local and could get everything that I wanted without killing me on shipping.

Stop talking to the local guys <wink>

I'm running 6" of actual lift with fixed LCA's and stock uppers (haven't got around to installing the UCA's LOL) with no issues.

RJRJ2.JPG

RJ Lynn (on the left is running the RE 4.5 kit with the supplied fixed LCA's and UCA's with Zero Issues.

Back