• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

R.I.P Aaron

RIP my friend!

R.I.P Aaron

I can't believe he's gone. Definitely going to miss him. From the trash talking on who had the better looking jeep to wheeling or just talking to each other shooting the shit. Always had a way to brighten up your day no matter what you had going on. RIP. Godspeed brother

I got the call around 5:00 yesterday and am still numb. Aaron and I talked on a daily basis for the last several years. It didn't matter that we lived 9 hours apart, it was like we lived just down the street from each other. I always looked forward to our times at the Crawl as it was the one time of year we routinely got to hang out together. I'll also never forget him letting me pilot his Jeep at the Fall Flog last year because I wasn't able to bring mine. It's going to be very hard not getting his texts during work, or seeing him at events.

If there's one thing I learned from him, it's to not let what life throws at you keep you from doing what you love.

Rest in peace buddy. Thank you for all that you taught us, and for all the wonderful memories. This picture I took at this year's Crawl pretty much sums him up.

11998916_10102142559351047_6804902472891273150_n.jpg

Dude, that pic brings tears to my eyes, that is 110% Aaron. I have to dig through my photo drives this evening, I have some pics as well that are worth sharing....

To anyone that never got to meet him in person or online, they are missing out. I met him at my first winterfest 5 years ago. He was always one of the first guys I had to say hi to whenever arriving at a NAXJA event that he was at. He did not have the best hand dealt to him in life but he absolutely lived it to it's fullest. Have fun wheelin in God's country buddy.

To anyone that never got to meet him in person or online, they are missing out. I met him at my first winterfest 5 years ago. He was always one of the first guys I had to say hi to whenever arriving at a NAXJA event that he was at. He did not have the best hand dealt to him in life but he absolutely lived it to it's fullest. Have fun wheelin in God's country buddy.

I hope heaven has mountains to climb.....

Aaron was a great friend. I'm definitely going to miss the hell out of him. I'm still at a loss for words...

I've been collecting funds to donate to the family since last night. If you'd like to donate directly to the family you can send me a PM and I'll tell you how.

Or I've just been made aware of a Gofundme account set up in his name. You can also donate there.

http://www.gofundme.com/sy3rsxmg

I had the honor of growing up with flexd and he was one of the best human beings I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Our love of Guns, xj's, and nature blossomed together. He never hesitated to help anyone who needed anything as well as tell someone when they were being a jack-ass. With him spotting I have tackled some things in my heap that I would have never even considered. I love you brother, see you on the next trail.

Flexd you will be missed . Glad I got to meet you in Moab when I did.

This was on the road to Moab, 2013, feels like just yesterday Aaron, such an epic adventure that no words will ever be able to fulfill the sheer presence of being there. I am deeply saddened by your passing. Your friendship, your laugh, your you, will be missed and your life has been an inspiration like no other.
Rest easy my friend,
KP:patriot:

IMG_20131006_173458368 by KP, on Flickr

I just signed on and saw this-- I don't even know how to react. I'm somewhere between stunned and in shock.

Aaron was one of the members that I always said I had to meet at some point, if for no other reason, so he could give me the swift kick in the arse that I deserved for goofing on him all the time. He opened himself up to the club and offered more than anyone could have ever asked of him; and did it from the goodness in his heart. He will be missed by many, and for all the right reasons.

Shorty

Back