• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Correctlynk Steering Mod

FearNoFish

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to develope a plan for my steering mods. I am going with a 5" lift and have been looking at the Currie Correctlynk system. My question is if any one has modified it for high steer using one of the available conversion kits?

Am I totally out in left field on this? I am open to other suggestions.

FNF

I don't think you can flip the passenger side of the Currie steering, it's a cast unit.
You can use the GoFerIt flip on the drivers side and move that end above the knuckle.

I don't think you can flip the passenger side of the Currie steering, it's a cast unit.
You can use the GoFerIt flip on the drivers side and move that end above the knuckle.

X2,no can do!

Someone on here did it. I believe he cut the TRE off the currie drag link, then drilled and tapped a hole to put another adjustable TRE in. This would let you run OTK on both sides and replace the passenger side TRE if necessary.

Someone on here did it. I believe he cut the TRE off the currie drag link, then drilled and tapped a hole to put another adjustable TRE in. This would let you run OTK on both sides and replace the passenger side TRE if necessary.

That seems to be an a lot of butchering on a $400 steering system. I think I will either settle for the standard Currie set up or look a another system.

The Currie set up looks like it would handle alot of abuse in the stock location.

Any suggestions for an aftermarket high steer set-up?

FNF:dunno:

Its not a matter of abuse with the currie system, its a matter of reaching the limits of inverted Y steering. At 5"+ lift, you're going to be maxing out the TRE's when you droop the passenger side.

There is a dozen or more steering options out there. Check out the U-Turn setup, Toys by Troy setup, Bulletproof, JCR, WJ conversion, Reid Racing knuckles with high steer .. it goes on forever.

I did it.

When the Currie Draglink end got sloppy, I chopped it off, welded on a DOM sleeve tot he draglink (not cast-forged-fwiw) with a weld-on threaded insert and then installed Tera TRE. This way you can replace any wear component. I also ran this setup OTK, but you can easily run it UTK. I put about 40K miles on this setup as my rig is a daily driver. I had to replaced the above mentioned draglink end and pitman arm end in that timeframe.

I recently sold this steering setup, as I've installed WJ knuckles and steering. If OTK is your goal, I would start with the WJ setup because you get the added bonus of killer brakes.

Last edited:
I installed the Tereflex high steer and am happy with it. The only real draw back is that the stock knuckle on the driver side is not as beefy. IMO, that is the weak link in the system.

Back