• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racing against the grain

Got all shocks valved. Took a lot of trial and error to get it down to where I like it. 40 compression 80 Rebound for the Rear and Im guessing 45-50ish compression front with 75 rebound. Flutter stack all around. Feels like it floats on air now. Valving has an absurd affect on the way your suspension feels and handles.

Wish I could post videos of the test jumping with each different valving. You can clearly tell how it changes the way it lands and handles. Mind blowing.

Did a video thing on our Brace. Its been awhile since I've made any How-Tos. I like how it turned out. Give her a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDvjWxx-eAI

That green jeep in the background looks lonely. It needs some love you know.... Of course Glenn III tried to buy it back from Andy at the wedding..... :shhh: Nice video by the way.....

Last edited:
Saw a clip of this thing on a busted knuckle video. Peeled a tire of the rim. Looked a little bouncy! I bet the revalve will be nice.

Yeah that was quite the ride I tell ya. She’d ready to rock now. Valving is wayyy underrated for what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here we go. Round two prep near completion. Been working on putting in the new 4 link and creating more up travel, new hood, working on new fuel system this week.

Race in Kentucky this weekend!

787bb984592529aa69f3eb7ae1019b15.jpg
27d2e1166fe29f7cc97c25ac29688144.jpg
78c829feab5c4d10c5af42811b87a3b5.jpg
5a16bb3d82b31cc30c1fcee79ad16c46.jpg

Last edited:
Been awhile. Snagged 3rd Place at the Pro Rock Racing Survival Race up at Mine Made Adventure Park in Leburn, KY last weekend.

Only suffered a cooling issue. I blame growing pains on the build, but we still finished which is important. Next race is at Windrock August 17-19. Radiator might end up in the back of the jeep by then. In the meantime I need to bandaide it for the SEC Crawl at Harlan.

Here's a few pics of the race.

Sent it at the crawl in Harlan. Had a lot of fun throughout the weekend. I think its time to upgrade this tire wheel combo to something more effective. Kind of have to since I cracked a wheel anyway.

Total damage assessment:
- Killed a wheel
- Killed Front Spider Gears in the Rubi Locker
- Exploded the rear drive shaft (no seriously blew the double cardon to bits and took the Tcase yoke with it).

Time to:
35s and beadlocks
New Front locker (ARB?)
New Rear Shaft

Next Pro Rock Race is August 17th at Windrock. Lets do this :us:

With the 4 link in, my shock mounting solution has been sorta okay enough to run but not perfect. Well with the driver link twisting up and down every time I hit bumps, i decided to just slide the sleeves forward and weld them in. No more twisty twisty. Shock angle improved too. Killed my double adjustable feature with the lowers but she’s set anyway.

b64ecff3ce61d86b00a5cb17c113a4d0.jpg

New shock mounts are done. 82 degrees inward and forward. If you ignore physics, you're kicking yourself.

Fresh stickers because JK guys can't have all the mallcrawlin action.

Front two KM2s are on, 3 more get here this week. 35x12.5x15 on 15x8s steelies. Works for me.

Front ARB install next week and new ball joints, because they are beyond gone apparently. #racejeep :dunno:

I see you've changed tires to the KM2. What spawned that?

I have almost always had KM2s paired with Boggers. Recently Ive been using those TSLs which work well but at the crawl I busted two wheels. The real problem was tire size. Everything has always been 33's. Which just doesn't cut the cheese anymore and has cost me a lot in the rocks, especially with this race stuff. So we found a deal on 35x12.5x15s and pulled the trigger.

KM2s have always work for me, just not when its below freezing..

Its funny how different our environments are. Out here a KM or AT is a recipe for sidewall cuts.

Stepping up to 35's is a great call though.

Yeah over here in the east you're crazy to run anything Maxxis. They don't work in the mud and there's more or less a lot of that. No dry rocks like the west.

35's are a long time coming and glad they finally happened.

You guys try any of the new Falken AT or MT's yet?

We've been pretty shocked by how very well both work.

You guys try any of the new Falken AT or MT's yet?

We've been pretty shocked by how very well both work.

I bought a set of Falken Wild Peak ATs back when they first came out and they worked pretty well. But they were so soft. I wore them out quickly after one road trip home. Approximately 2400 miles round trip. Alignment was fairly decent I just don't how that could of ruined them that bad that fast. Haven't gone back since. Never touched the MT.

Was that the original AT or the new AT3W?

They threw everything out and totally reengineered all of their tires a couple of years ago. Shocking difference.

Back