• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reno Fest 2019

I bet you if you put it out there you can get a few guys to come help you check out some Carson City trails. I know in the spring and the feet of snow get off the ground, I love you get out there and take a look around with you.

Bump...we're just over two months away from the Reno Run. Time to start working on junk to get it ready. What do you have to do to your rig to get it ready? I need to change the intake/exhaust gasket and do some general maintenance.

I need to work on exhaust, weld up new rear lower shock mounts and install new rear shocks. and maybe change the valve cover gasket.

I need to do some general maintenance as well, grease u-joints, annual oil change, put on the new registration sticker and charge the battery as sadly the Jeep hasn't moved in quite a few months..

I'm hoping to get a ton done this weekend. I'm redoing my suspension and steering setup after watching my rustys steering flex and roll while turning lock to lock in camp last year

Yes there is tons of room for a bunch of trailers

I am starting next weekend. As there has been snow at my house since thanksgiving. I have to do annual axle inspections. New/used driveshaft swaps. Re arch my rear leafs and install traction bar. Replace rear shocks. Install my new lower control arms. Need to change my steering box. I have new battery cables. Then just major suspension and body adjustments to fit my new 37s. Then if i have time ill be installing my winch finally and steering brace haha. Been saying that for two years.

The darn struggle bus hit me today. Went to pull the jeep out of the garage to swap springs and the battery was dead so it's on the charger. (Slow charger)

I decided to not waste the day so I go to swap the shackle bushings on the MJ since "it'll be an easy swap; it's only 4 bolts..." both upper bolts were seized to the bushing sleeve and made the project take a good part of the day. MJ is now back on the ground which is awesome, but I did find some cancer on it that I'm not looking forward to fixing. We'll see how long my cleanup/rustolium converter paint holds out for before I have to actually patch it.

I'm in. Looks like it's time to fix Dean's rig again...

tentative ideas for the schedule : Post up with your input

Thurs night : Night run - Bud or Tonka or somewhere else

Friday : Prison hill ( less built rig to stocker friendly (on the high road around ) and fun for the more but rigs with plenty of optional stuff)

Saturday - 2 easy runs - possibly one to Genoa peak (stocker friendly great views of entire tahoe basin from way up high ) led by Alan and another to the virginia city for breakfast and then to the petroglyphs led by Lou/Eric/Someone else

Sunday : Possibly 2 runs - one to bronco and one to knuckle buster in gardnerville

Monday : go home

Looking forward to the end of next month!

The last couple weekends I've been driving the Jeep around town running errands to keep it exercised before the trip, I did the math and it's been sitting for about 7 months.. but its all ready to go! Just need to wait for Reno fest to get closer to see the weather and decide whether or not I'll take the top off.

Turns out I'm won't be joining you guys this year for Reno Fest (may miss Sierra Fest too). Leaving beginning of June for road trip up to Alaska, no Jeep, taking the Truck/camper. Hoping to get a bunch of fishing in along the way!

Turns out I'm won't be joining you guys this year for Reno Fest (may miss Sierra Fest too). Leaving beginning of June for road trip up to Alaska, no Jeep, taking the Truck/camper. Hoping to get a bunch of fishing in along the way!

Damn, that’s awesome. I want to do that someday. Do you have an itinerary planned?

tentative ideas for the schedule : Post up with your input

Thurs night : Night run - Bud or Tonka or somewhere else

Friday : Prison hill ( less built rig to stocker friendly (on the high road around ) and fun for the more but rigs with plenty of optional stuff)

Saturday - 2 easy runs - possibly one to Genoa peak (stocker friendly great views of entire tahoe basin from way up high ) led by Alan and another to the virginia city for breakfast and then to the petroglyphs led by Lou/Eric/Someone else

Sunday : Possibly 2 runs - one to bronco and one to knuckle buster in gardnerville

Monday : go home

Any reason to do 2 easy runs on sat followed by 2 hard runs on sun? For sunday is it 2 hard runs back to back or choose one or the other?

Just to mix it up.

Back