• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's your pre-NAC-fest to-do-list?

I know that there's a similar thread in the NAC forum, but this NAC-fest forum is so dead that I thought we could use one here too. So, what do you still need to get done before NAC-fest?

My list:
- new clutch
- new valve cover gasket, oil pressure sending unit, possibly other oil leaks
- remove rear swaybar
- homebrew discos for front swaybar
- mount fire extinguisher and first aid kit
- trim rear fenders and quarter panels
- mount rear bumper
- new lug nuts; I think my shop used an impact gun to put them on :gonnablow
- bedliner the interior
- build storage box
- if all that gets done and there's a week of nice weather, paint the XJ

I will be rolling on 31s, 3.07s, and a D35, with no armor, and no regard for sheetmetal. As long as I can drive it home... :D

There's a couple threads on this in the NAC forum, but what the heck - let's breathe a little life into here...

I've done the following:

Speedo recalibration
New motor mounts installed (MORE Torsion Rubber)
Fix missing steering stop

The last two were done by a shop - the first because I'm not up to that level yet, and the 2nd because it was convenient to let them do so at the same time.

Still need to:

- Order/install rocker armor
- Replace catalytic converter (heat shields being rusted away kinda sucks on the trail)
- Rewire driving lights
- Retune CB antenna
- Switch NAXJA and NAC stickers from "scotch tape" mounting to permanent mounting

Rob

Install ARB in rear 44, fill up Powertank, and change the upper and lower rad hoses, and rebuild the t-case Np242.
ARB and t-case is getting done this weekend by a shop.
Juice

make jeep drive...

plan A- win lotto and wheel my XJ at NAC-FESt
Plan B-get job save $$$$ pay somebody gas money and ride biotch the hole weekend

robz95xj said:
plan A- win lotto and wheel my XJ at NAC-FESt
Plan B-get job save $$$$ pay somebody gas money and ride biotch the hole weekend

What happenned to "I will wheel my XJ at NACfest this year, I swear" ?

get a first aid kit

The biggest thing...get my new axles in. They were supposed to ship over a week ago, but it's just my luck that parts were backordered. If I have time after I get them I need to fab up some rocker protection.

pick up a set of spare complete axle shafts so now if I have a brake I can just swap out the whole thing.

Well, I got my rocker armor on this weekend, and am having the catalytic converter replaced the end of the week (took one look at 215K worth of heat and rust and said "NFW"). The list's getting shorter, and it's just the little things left to do that can, if necessary, be left until a later date.

While I'm thinking of it, here's a tip for you folks marking where to drill for rocker armor and the like: white-out works a heckuva lot better than a pencil - made my life a lot easier.

Rob

Mambeu said:
All I really still need to do is finish Herculining the interior and mount my fire extinguisher, first aid kit, and two remaining tow hooks. Almost there...

Fire Extinguisher! Doh!

Thanks for reminding me - I need to take the rubber mallet to mine to loosen up the powder.

Rob

Mambeu said:
My list:
- new clutch done
- new valve cover gasket, oil pressure sending unit, possibly other oil leaks not leaking any more
- remove rear swaybar done
- homebrew discos for front swaybar ditching the front swaybar for NAC-fest
- mount fire extinguisher and first aid kit done
- trim rear fenders and quarter panels done
- mount rear bumper done
- new lug nuts weren't needed
- bedliner the interior done
- build storage box not enough $/time
- if all that gets done and there's a week of nice weather, paint the XJ not gonna happen
All I need to do now is mount two more tow hooks, one front and one rear. Seven more days!

-remove rear sway bar
-finish wiring the 400W of lights in my signature. :)

Can't believe we're at T-1 week and counting. Where the heck did the last two months go?

Cat. Conv. is on. Now I don't have to worry about heat intrusion due to lack of heat shields.

All I have left are rewiring the driving lights, rerouting the CB antenna cable and trailer harness through factory town harness spot instead of out around the tail lights, and (most importantly) getting my NAXJA/NAC decals and previous NACFest dash plaques mounted.

Let the last-minute wrench fest commence!

gotta pass inspection tomorrow, then put my jeep back the way it should be (no damn mud flaps).

Gotta install and wire up my new steel tail light boxes.

Time is ticking away...

I guess I'm in pretty good shape - did the maintenance over the past month or so - the only significant item left is to pull the street shoes and put on the dirt MTR's. Might splurge and get them balanced first.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new NAC-ites!

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Man, time is getting short... I got my new rear axle in and front geared/locked and am working on breaking in the new gears. I'm putting off rocker protection for now. What's a few more dents in there? :dunno:

I still need to:
finish/install my gas tank skid
install tranny cooler
install ebrake cables
cut rear floor to swap in new shocks
paint rear axle
wire Ected up
wait for Novak to arrive and install it

I'm still undecided on if I'll have new tires by then...

Back