• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land Between the Lakes Clean Up Day - 4/27

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Hey y'all...Turkey Bay at Land Between the Lakes does an annual clean up day the Saturday after Easter. That make it 4/27 this year.

What's the clean up day consist of?

We will start with a 9 am "tailgate meeting" where the rangers will go over the jobs that need to be completed. We spend the morning and early afternoon doing that, and then we end with a drawing. Everyone does walk away with something - usually its passes for a free weekend, free camping, or a free yearly pass to Turkey Bay. After the drawing, we are free to wheel the park until close for no cost.

Work generally consists of: Marking boundary lines, light trail repair, weed wacking around the camp sites, and trash pick up.

I plan to be there, and I think the two Brian's - Bosco and Spawn - are planning to come. I may even bring the XJ out of storage and up to KY for this event. Maybe...

Do we need to bring any equipment like trimmers or anything?

They provide everything. Just bring lunch and water.

I gave the xj another alignment and a fresh oil change. Ready to bring it to clean up some trails. I’ll have my son with me.

I'll be there without the XJ. The NFL draft is in Nashville this weekend, so I'm driving limo on Friday night and won't have time to load the trailer.

See you all on Saturday morning!

We had a good clean up day. Bosco and I spent the better part of the day cleaning up the loop trail between the entry gate and the rock garden. Played a little bit in the mud holes near the rock gardens, made sure his new winch worked, and educated his son Liam in the principles of Tread Lightly.

Back