• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC issue?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Well not as much AC as the damn controller thingy.

97 XJ, blows cold air but only out of the 'first' defrost/recirculate position. Seems like it's not a vaccine issue as I have cruise?

What to check? Easy stuff first... Not to keen on Taking apart too many things blindly hunting for the problem ;)

Well not as much AC as the damn controller thingy.

97 XJ, blows cold air but only out of the 'first' defrost/recirculate position. Seems like it's not a vaccine issue as I have cruise?

Dayum.

I knew things were tough in Kali, but you have to get your vehicles vaccinated too?

:confused1

You need to look at the ac control switch and all 3 actuators.

Well, you're correct in that it's not a vaccine issue. You do have a vacuum issue.

Check the vacuum reservoir behind the front bumper, pass side and the lines that run from it.

It hasn't happened to my XJ but someone told me that a cable operated blend door can become uncoupled at the door linkage and that it was an accessible fix.

The blend door controls the temp not the register selection.

The vacuum system splits somewhere around the reservoir. My '88 has the oblong tank that has 2 sides. One for the cruise, one for the vents. You may have a break in the line after the split. Check valves prevent losing all vacuum if one side breaks.

The blend door controls the temp not the register selection.
I experienced 'cold only' output on my WJ on a cold morning when a plastic keyway sheared off the blend door. I guess, when I read Remi's post the memory of my WJ came to the forefront of my mind and I failed to see the important detail in his problem only being the first selection, and not cold air only.

Thanks for pointing this out. This is a real world example of Memory Bias that I believe also afflicts some AI algorithms. It's not something you can readily identify yourself so I now have a personal experience of it. This will help me appreciate the effect it has on outcomes. :cheers:

Back