• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Was it just ford that riveted everything to the frame? Didn't they relized that why the titantic failed

god damn death wobble is back. does it between 10 and 20 mph when i hit bumps.

im gonna go with the fact that i have big dumb tires with leaf springs. and leaf springs can flex. leaf bushings might help but im gonna throw one of those stupid steering stabilizers on it.

Remember you can get stock XJ shackles to go up front to. Or do you still have the ones from your cherokee? When I swapped to new springs I lost a lot of play in the front, so you could be on the right track. If you swap just the shackle there's obviously still two bad bushings left but atleast you swapped out the most important one. Not too mention changing them takes 10 minutes.

Remember you can get stock XJ shackles to go up front to. Or do you still have the ones from your cherokee? When I swapped to new springs I lost a lot of play in the front, so you could be on the right track. If you swap just the shackle there's obviously still two bad bushings left but atleast you swapped out the most important one. Not too mention changing them takes 10 minutes.

i bastardized one of them to make the traction bar shackle. but maybe ill get a bushing kit sometime next week.

anyone happen to have a 96-01 rear ds slip yoke around and feel like trading it for beer?

I thought 95 down yokes were the same but last time I tried using one, it wouldn't fit the tcase output shaft.

I know the feeling. I barely drink anymore, gonna have to be careful next week.

Junkyard in the morning and all my sawzall+grinder batteries are charged up. I'm gonna hit this shit like a hurricane.

I want to spend money. I need a trans temp gauge but don't know what I'm looking at. Guidance from some you kind sirs?

I want to spend money. I need a trans temp gauge but don't know what I'm looking at. Guidance from some you kind sirs?

THIS is what I have in black jeep now. Works nice and makes me happy.

For the cost of that dumb guage you can buy a whole aw4.

You have a 94. Put a stock gauge sender somewhere in your trans line, wire it into the stock temp sender wiring in the head with an spdt switch. Now you have both coolant and trans temp in the dash.

Make sure you ground the cooler line securely.

Ask rob how to deal with fixing the issuues inherent with an aw4. He figured out the best solution

seriously, add another pedal and another gear, problem solved

edit: how the hell do people confuse the words "ingested" and "interested" and why would anyone ever lift a cherokee 15"

Last edited:

Ask rob how to deal with fixing the issuues inherent with an aw4. He figured out the best solution

Yup the ax15 and atlas are my favorite mods

Old spring bushing are out of the leafs used a sawzall grinder drill and bfh friggin. Exhausted now

im ready for NACfest are you?
2012-06-16_18-42-48_314.jpg

swapped the tires today noticed that a piece of one of the caps on the front driver side U-joint was missing and that all the needles had fallen out, replced only see every cap was either chiped or cracked. its been sitting since march and wasn't there when i put the stock tires on in march:dunno:

Back