• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio Programming

TORC811

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anyone coming again this year that will be able to program radios? I never got a chance last year to try programming the Rugged Radio I won.

What model radio?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anyone coming again this year that will be able to program radios? I never got a chance last year to try programming the Rugged Radio I won.

At this point I can't make any promises, but I will work on trying to get something set up.

mac 'will try to make it happen' gyvr

Alright so that's a UV5R baofeng with a rugged radios sticker. These radios are very easy to program with a cable and a program.

How much time do you have?

Go on amazon and buy the BTECH programing cable dont waste money on the cheapos.

BTECH PC03 FTDI Genuine USB Programming Cable for BTECH, BaoFeng, Kenwood, and AnyTone Radio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HUB0ONK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uTjpCbEQHWFH0

Then download a program called CHIRP.

https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download

Then watch and follow this video. Programing these things is insanely easy. Im assuming you arent licensed so try not to xmit on ham or public safety bands.

https://youtu.be/R6kxrGaFnlI

Also you can program these by hand but its a long process from start to end.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I could possibly bring the laptop and cable along since we'll be in the cottage.. We'll be there Thursday morning. Now dont come running as we're lined up ready to hit the trails wanting your radio programmed haha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rew thats what all the cool kids have...

Bring it to the potluck and we’ll get you programmed

mac ‘where cool was born’ gyvr

Sweet. I'm trying to make the potluck. Haven't signed up in the thread yet because I'm not sure what time I'm going to make it. If I make it I'll bring a dessert.

Sweet. I'm trying to make the potluck. Haven't signed up in the thread yet because I'm not sure what time I'm going to make it. If I make it I'll bring a dessert.
If you don't make potluck, I'll be there Thursday morning. Probably finishing up a few things on the jeep. We're staying at the cabin. So bring it by and I'll program it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rew thats what all the cool kids have...

Bring it to the potluck and we’ll get you programmed

mac ‘where cool was born’ gyvr

Hello I’m also a newbie and could use help programming a UV5R. I’m going to be at the potluck could you guys show me how they work.

Jt will be at the potluck and will get u dialed in.

mac ‘easy peasey’ gyvr

Back