• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

i painted the engine bay
00714.JPG

not to much going on, got new clutch/brake pedals in along with slave cyl, capped off the bottoms of one of the doors and tossed the intake/exhaust manifolds on, tomorow it will get power steer pump and this weekend will be clutch and bolt up the trans then drop it in

00120.JPG

00216.JPG

spent a large chunk of today making a brace for the frame end uca mount, plated the frame rail with 3/16 plate the braced the mount with 2x2x.125 box tube

00218.JPG

00316.JPG

now off to finish the clutch install and get this motor/trans in

so much for mating the trans to the motor, im missing the dowel pins, if anyone knows where to get them or the part number let me know thanks.

so much for mating the trans to the motor, im missing the dowel pins, if anyone knows where to get them or the part number let me know thanks.

P/N: J4005418 PIN, Trans. to Cylinder Block Qty: 2

i bit the bullet and bought the dowel pins from the dealer, the $7ea price tag hurt but i need to GSD
249698_1978950306414_1022830226_32342295_6903494_n.jpg

got the motor and trans together quickly, its amazing how easy it is with them outside the vechicle
00219.JPG

was missing one of the torx bolts, but a starter bolt fits perfect
00414.JPG

them with the help of my brother got the motor/trans in
00519.JPG

0068.JPG

then bolted up the slave cyl.
0085.JPG

the heat from the day really kicked my ass, but tomorow i plan on really kickin ass and knocking alot of shit out, including welding projects even though im outta gas

nothing real cool going on tonight, did get all pass side elec in the engine compartmemnt hooked up and starter installed, also drilled out the orfice in the ps pump to help with flow, as it probly wont have hydro assist at first, tomorow will be a shprt day at work so im hoping to get fuel rai in and all driver side elec done as well on jumping the nss, maybee get so me welding done

got a solid bit knocked out tonight even with a late start

ps pump and box installed
fuel rail installed
all drivers side elec done(cept rear coolant sensor)
fenders and header panel installed
radiator and hoses installed
real coolant sensor replaced
all fluids topped off

00520.JPG

im pretty excited to beable to start with final assembly of things, tomorow after work i hope to jump the nss and do a few other odds and ends and hopefully bring it back to life this weekend

Very nice buddyboy!

got the motor all put together and running but have been battleing it overheating at idle, swapped the tstat and its gotten better
00220.JPG

my ghetto fuel system
00122.JPG

i added a cooler for the power steering
0086.JPG

painted the grill metallic charcol
00415.JPG

will have a cool update tomorow

got some cool stuff today, 5.38's install kits, spool for the rear, lock rite for the frt and wheel bearings for the frt
00123.JPG

hopefully ill get the axles together sometime after nac fest

finally broke out the welder last night, tossed in a spool of flux as i was out of gas, made a filler piece for where i notched the cross member for the atlas, not pretty but will do the job

025.JPG

this morning i picked up a frsh cyl of gas so im gonna go crazy with the welder this weekend, gotta finish up the stiffners, cap the rockers, crossmember, floors and a lil bit of misc fab here and there Nac Fest has gotten me a lil motivated

Back