• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman

To void warranty they have to prove the aftermarket part or option directly caused any damages that needed covered under the warranty.

They are part of the companies trying to make it 'legal' for companies to void warranty for computer changes.
Currently that is not the case.

HTH.

I've seen this a few times at my work. What some customers have done is take all the sensors and mount the in the spare wheel with a band clamp. This way all the sensors are recognized by the computer keeping the light off. So they can run the psi of their choice and keep the spare at the psi to keep the light off.

With the leveling kit, did you need extended sway bar links? I have some goodies from Spohn I need to get put on, and they have the extended links to go with the leveling kit.

Nope, it all bolted back up and works nicely.

I have 1.5" rear spacers to put on the rear soon.

Just speaking YOUR language there Seth. :moon:

Alright, its been a while and a few tows now, how do you feel about that gasser vs the cummins for moderate weight towing (sub 10k)

It's hard to answer because having towed with Cummins for years now, there is no question it's better.

Could I get by with the 6.4 gasser in a 2500? Absolutely I could. When I was given that opportunity to tow with that Power Wagon it towed well. But it was no Cummins.

The 6.4 was notably light in the nose with the tongue weight I'd put on it with my 2100 lb car trailer and the 4300 lb Dakota I put on the trailer. I could feel a notable difference in steering and ability to maintain a straight line (tail wagging the dog) on the highway due to the lack of the weight of the Cummins up front. Off the line was understandably "sluggish" compared to the Cummins........ but nothing that would make most drivers hate towing with it. It's just hard to give up the towing prowess of the Cummins.

Given the prices of the two trucks - as I recall, the loaded Power Wagon was $64K. They weren't willing to deal on it like they were for the Cummins....... so it really was a no-brainer to stick with the Cummins. I didn't need lockers, a winch or electric disconnecting sway bars. Beyond those off road features, they're very similar trucks save for the engines.

Pretty sure the Cummins gets better gas mileage overall than the Power Wagon too, at least when towing.

I think the 6.4 will win the un-loaded drag race.......but not by much. 4:10's in the Power Wagon and 3:92's in the Cummins and the weight differences keep it close.

I believe the 6.4 trucks recommend premium gas as well. Could be a notable difference in towing with one on 85 octane vs 91.

So, given the amazing deal I got at Brandon Dodge when I traded my dually in on this 2500 I haven't looked back at the 6.4 trucks. But there have been a few occasions where I've missed my long bed 3500 dually truck. You can't beat the length, weight, leaf sprung, traction that those trucks provide when towing. But I DO NOT miss the dually for daily driving. The 4-link, coil rear suspension of the 1500 and 2500 trucks makes such a huge difference in the comfort of the unloaded commute.

Whew........ guess I got a little word-smithy there. :D

There is really nothing quite like a Cummins :eyes:

Especially a Toyota with a Cummins in it....... :D

totally badass.

25fe0eed5df3dfd127e6876f2d163e94.jpg

Ended up not liking the dodges on hills and got a pretty sweet deal on this 17. Should tote around what I need. 11k rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Yeah ultimately ya gotta drive what you like. There's pros and cons to all trucks out there.

Congrats!

Yeah ultimately ya gotta drive what you like. There's pros and cons to all trucks out there.

Agreed. I liked the feel behind the wheel of the dodges better, but could find a setup that wasnt a cummins that would charge the hills near me with enough gusto. The Fords were real nice just out of my $ range, they wanted diesel money for gassers.

Ah, so you went gasser. Just assumed your truck was Duramax. Haven't kept up with Chevy's gas power plants. What's yours got? What are you pulling?

Nope. No dmax. All I pull is a single car trailer with Ashs truck or Camaro. Dads camper from time to time, but weighs less than her truck and trailer combo.
They have the 5.3 and 6.2 in 1500. They have the 6.0 in the 2500. Both the 6.0 and 6.2 were slower up the hill at worse mileage than the 5.3. The 2500 6.0 was really nice with the load behind it but was also long bed. But not enough to make the price difference. I also didn’t like the 8speed on the 6.2.
The 5.3 makes like 365/393. And with the rear gears I got ours it at 11k rating. Keeps all my loads under 80% of max.

Back