• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ouray Pics

So do you guys think the scenery makes up for the lack of hardcore trails?

I didnt go.... but IMHO

The people that DID go are more of the scenic, fun, leisurely type trail drivers anyway.

The people that would be into that kinda crap, didnt go; or they were content running the mild stuff anyway.

:thumbup:

Well you could of came and ran up to Montrose. So dont say there wasent any hardcore trails near by. They were only a 30min drive away. That group of people still could of had just as much fun

The scenery was great but some hard core stuff would have been icing on the cake.

In case you didn't hear my frame cracked and track bar bracket cracked. The frame must have been cracking for a long time with all the hard core wheeling that I have been doing.

We are very thankful that we made it back to camp and found it. There was only a 1/4 inch of metal holding it on. This was after driving back on hwy 550.

We did go to Montrose the next day in the Grand Cherokee only to walk all the trails I wanted to drive. Calamity, Die trying, Catus. We had a hard time just getting to the trail heads in the Grand. Thanks again to Brad and Rhoda Green for leading the way. It's hard to keep up with that couple on foot.

LS1XJohn

Well you could of came and ran up to Montrose. So dont say there wasent any hardcore trails near by. They were only a 30min drive away. That group of people still could of had just as much fun
Im not saying that. Im saying he asking people who are less likely to care about the hard stuff than some of those that didnt go
:rattle:

sho has hte red jeep on kevlars? looks so purdy! cant hate on the 9" front either!!!!
:drool:

sho has hte red jeep on kevlars? looks so purdy! cant hate on the 9" front either!!!!
:drool:

That would be me. 96 Classic.
We did drive up to Longmont Co. on our way back to Michigan to check out Spidertrax where I had ordered the parts to build my spider 9 front axle housing. I can't believe the stuff they make in such a small shop. Very cool.

LS1XJohn

That would be me. 96 Classic.
We did drive up to Longmont Co. on our way back to Michigan to check out Spidertrax where I had ordered the parts to build my spider 9 front axle housing. I can't believe the stuff they make in such a small shop. Very cool.

LS1XJohn
Looks like a great rig with some well pieced together parts. details?

You were within 10 miles of my house. You should have called. I am known for killing the fatted calf and having a burnt offering.

Looks like a great rig with some well pieced together parts. details?

He also has a LS1 under that thing then a Atlas behind it all. I couldent stop drooling over it, He has one hell of a nice rig.

Mike you ever heard of Ultimate Adventure? He ran it 2 years ago in that same cherokee.

We like the rough stuff, but truth be told thats not what we came for. That area is incredible for scenery, the town itself is fun, the hiking was great. Everything we wanted except for a few extra weeks there to take in more of it! I've beaten on my rigs hard enough at home, although I must admit the trails outside of Montrose intrigued me, although I doubt the 01 would make them in one piece...when my 98 is finished we'll be back to take them, if not before.
Rich and Carol

This WAS my 98 before I took a saw to it...for an idea of where it's headed , see "RCMan"'s profile and build thread

100_0564.jpg

Last edited:
Back