• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it too early? Cofest?

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
I guess first question is, since it didn’t happen last year (for the rest of you), is there any interest in having it this year.
If it is something bod is interested in making happen, are the commoners interested?

Much like last year, I’m going wheeling either way. Just seeing if ya twats are gonna sort anything out or not.

fwiw, i have a poll on the FB page going. If the interest stays high, ill do other polls to see what people actually are interested in. What yall do with it is up to yall, im just trying to sort out info.

Cofests have been some of our favorite events, and will be much easier to attend now that we're in AZ. We've always preferred Ouray, more so now that it's closer rather than farther, but anywhere in CO will be nicer than AZ in the summer. I'm starting the framing of our house next week, if we at least have it under roof, we would be probably be able to get away for a long weekend at least.

Several of us MWC folk are starting to plan a trip to ouray, with a couple of days in Moab tossed in, for later this summer. I'm sure if the time lines add up we'd all love to participate.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Several of us MWC folk are starting to plan a trip to ouray, with a couple of days in Moab tossed in, for later this summer. I'm sure if the time lines add up we'd all love to participate.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Let me know when y’all come out, that’s my neighborhood.

I guess first question is, since it didn’t happen last year (for the rest of you), is there any interest in having it this year.
If it is something bod is interested in making happen, are the commoners interested?

Much like last year, I’m going wheeling either way. Just seeing if ya twats are gonna sort anything out or not.

fwiw, i have a poll on the FB page going. If the interest stays high, ill do other polls to see what people actually are interested in. What yall do with it is up to yall, im just trying to sort out info.

Mike, thanks for bringing this up!

You are on the right track: Find out what people want.

FB is for old ladies to keep up with the grandkids!

4c8529d2ea9094403610dcdad91d38bf.jpg

For you challenged folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be down for some camping and wheeling. Hopefully I will either have the WJ or MJ able to do something. Goal this year is to get a rig back on a trail.

added another thread with 5 general location options. if your on FB go vote.

After location is voted, ill put up when works for folks. and then what trails in the area they are interested in,

Then ill give all that to you BOD folks to do what you want with it. Piss on it, consider it, whatever floats yer boats

Only half as many votes this go around, so I’ll leave it open another week or so to let people get their voices heard/votes in before doing other polls.
Any reason we can’t have these polls on the chapter board as well? Catch all people, not just the facebookers? (although generally they are more active )
83e0b07128c92967b6305f7879fd528e.jpg

I voted. Rim Rocker is my #1 choice, BV my second

I’m with you on that. I think there are great option in bv to wheel, if it doesn’t get monsooned out. Other stuff is close by (wheeler lake) that are easy runs to add to BV schedule.
For ease of hosting an event, I think BV is easier. One location. We are familiar with it. People know what they are getting into. Etc.
other options will be more fresh and fun being as they aren’t the norm for naxja. However requires more participation to make a fun event.

Only half as many votes this go around, so I’ll leave it open another week or so to let people get their voices heard/votes in before doing other polls.
Any reason we can’t have these polls on the chapter board as well? Catch all people, not just the facebookers? (although generally they are more active )

For ease of hosting an event, I think BV is easier. One location. We are familiar with it. People know what they are getting into. Etc.
other options will be more fresh and fun being as they aren’t the norm for naxja. However requires more participation to make a fun event.

Once again, thanks for doing this.

We can set up polls on the forum. I'm getting ready to spam the membership anyway.

I like Buena Vista, I had a blast there the year I was able to attend. Sadly, in spite of past BODs' efforts to put on a quality event, attendance has not been that strong.

That is why I think we need to go back to the members and ask them where, when, and for how long. How important is it to have RV parking, trailer parking, cabins/motel rooms?

We have had good suggestions in the past: Ouray, Leadville, Montrose/Rimrocker/Moab, and a band of gypsies tour with no two nights in the same place.

I have not voted the second poll, but I like the Montrose idea.

Once again, thanks for doing this.

We can set up polls on the forum. I'm getting ready to spam the membership anyway.

I like Buena Vista, I had a blast there the year I was able to attend. Sadly, in spite of past BODs' efforts to put on a quality event, attendance has not been that strong.

That is why I think we need to go back to the members and ask them where, when, and for how long. How important is it to have RV parking, trailer parking, cabins/motel rooms?

We have had good suggestions in the past: Ouray, Leadville, Montrose/Rimrocker/Moab, and a band of gypsies tour with no two nights in the same place.

I have not voted the second poll, but I like the Montrose idea.
I think it’s ok to say “we took what you wanted, where, and when you wanted it, this is what we are giving you based off that info. If you want to be with the group, we are staying here, here are the amenities. If you need more or different, here’s what’s nearby, see you out there. “
I think Bod has it rough because you can’t olease everyone. And the people you don’t cater to will say “that’s why I didn’t attend” and then you try and fix that and hurt someone else’ feelers.
Guys on the board can suck it up. If they want to participate they will, if they don’t they won’t.

Back