• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7/14 and 7/15 AAT Work days

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
2N49
Saturday 7/14 we'll be trimming brush back off of and away from the trail. it has become very overgrown in places. Boots, Long pants and long sleeves recommended; bring a hat and gloves. Dress in layers. Depending on turnout some time may be spent clearing runoff drains. Edison recently graded the trail and buried many of the drains.

Bring loppers and general trimming tools as well as square or round point shovels. Rakes will be good to have as well.

2N49
Sunday 7/15 will be much of the same with a possible focus on the drains.

Saturday night.
We will be dry camping on 2N49. NO campfires are permitted but expect the nights to be mild.

Meeting Location Both Days
Meet at 9:30 AM
The trailhead for 2N49 is located at the East end of Palm Ave in San Bernardino. Exit I-215 at Palm, turn right; fallow palm up towards mountains and it dead ends at the trailhead.

If you plan on attending one or both days (camping) or have any questions please post up.

Thanks, Tim

Last edited:
I'll meet up with you Sunday morning. But please note that as an apartment dweller I don't own any loppers and the like. So I hope there'll be some extra tools available.

Those attending should make sure the have plenty to hydrate with, and a hat. It'll be hot.

The welds on my header are cracked again. If I get a replacement and get it installed I will see you Sun.

For those coming up on Sunday, just head up the trail. We will be somewhere along the way. Not sure of the radio frequency or I'd post it. For what it's worth it is the one that we always use. Maybe G will chime in.

Sunday is cancelled. I woke up to some texts from my wife that she got in a car accident last night. While she is probably uninjured I’ll need to go home to help her with the details.

The accident's a bummer and I hope you're right that your wife's OK. But I don't really mind not working outdoors in 100 degree heat.

Back