• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NacFest 2019! It is official! June 26-30!

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 15

http://ezregister.com/events/27931/

Hello all, just an update on plans for next year!

1: The official date is Wednesday June 26-Sunday the 30th...it was a hard decision made easier by the fact that the Bronco Roundup has taken over our traditional weekend!
2: If you have already reserved a cabin for the old date, my apologies.I will make that up to whoever already has, as there is a 15 dollar reschedule fee that is out of my control.
3. As of right now, there are a lot of cabins still open, so do yourself a favor and act fast, they fill up quickly!
PLEASE be sure and note with your reservation that you are with the NAXJA group! Once enough cabins for our group have been reserved, it saves us the pavilion rental fee for YOUR dinner!
4. Last but not least I shifted my cabin back to Q32, which is in the back of the campground by the creek. For those who remember it, it's shaded and cool, great for having folks over��. The other Q cabins are also still available, if we can take over that back corner it would be great. The area has a small private bathhouse that is almost never busy, if you want convenience, this is it.
Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the units have AC, down to the basic single room cabins. If I'm not mistaken, the two room cabin that might be still left down by q section also has a private bath in it.

Excellent! It looks like we will be hosting some guests from the MidWest Chapter this year! I'm optimistic that it's going to be a good event, and I'm trying to drive interest in some local areas now!
At some point we need to get in a huddle and discuss the event. No point in not hashing stuff out now while we have a lot of time ahead of us, right?
Rich.

I booked my cabin today. I'm planning to bring three of my kids .... so don't teach them fancy swear words like last time I brought them.

Don’t worry. They won’t be learning any SPOKEN swear words from me..... I ll just teach them how to say them with their hands.

Don’t worry. They won’t be learning any SPOKEN swear words from me..... I ll just teach them how to say them with their hands.

Is that a page from the "one cannot object to what one does not understand" playbook?

Hello all, just an update on plans for next year!

1: The official date is Wednesday June 26-Sunday the 30th...it was a hard decision made easier by the fact that the Bronco Roundup has taken over our traditional weekend!
2: If you have already reserved a cabin for the old date, my apologies.I will make that up to whoever already has, as there is a 15 dollar reschedule fee that is out of my control.
3. As of right now, there are a lot of cabins still open, so do yourself a favor and act fast, they fill up quickly!
PLEASE be sure and note with your reservation that you are with the NAXJA group! Once enough cabins for our group have been reserved, it saves us the pavilion rental fee for YOUR dinner!
4. Last but not least I shifted my cabin back to Q32, which is in the back of the campground by the creek. For those who remember it, it's shaded and cool, great for having folks over��. The other Q cabins are also still available, if we can take over that back corner it would be great. The area has a small private bathhouse that is almost never busy, if you want convenience, this is it.
Rich

Rich, is there a link to register for NACFEST ???

That is correct, the registration page is not up and running as of yet, we have some back channel details that can affect pricing from year to year.
Some of that has been taken care of in the past couple days, so hopefully we can get that up soon. Keep your ears on!
Rich.

The event dinner to set! Join us Saturday night, June 28th at 6:30pm
Twin Grove Campground at the Clam Bake Pavilion
Featuring food from Buddy's Log Cabin.

Broasted Chicken
Roast Pork
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Scalloped Potatoes
Side Vegetables
& Garden Salad

Very tentatively count me in, wife and three kids. Complete intro experience for them. Last summer was the first time they ever even camped! :shocked:

The campground should have cabins available, much preferable to tents. Facilities are clean and well-designed. Have a look over the campground's website, and see what they offer.

And yes, they really do look like the pictures!

At the very least one cabin will be left available, I have one reserved next to the creek that I need to pass on. Details forthcoming!

Back