• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things I learned at WF Oh-Ten

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
People will follow me wherever I go.

ARB lockers does not mean you wont get stuck when your stupid

A Jeep blessing needs to be done next year (sorry guys)

Susie can drive a lifted built XJ....as long as its auto.

My wife getting a lapdance was not as exciting as I thought it would be.

A stray dog will jump into the Ford without any coaxing.

Bob Loose can wheel at Badlands without breaking on Rock Face.

Harry Potter has nothing on LesLimited with sawdust.

6 shots of Jager will make my wife fall over while trying to pee.

Last but not least, it IS the people that make WF what it is. I made allot of new friends, and reconnected with old friends this time. it never ceases to thrill me at how much everyone is dedicated to having fun and showing others a good time.
You are all great.

Rev

Things I learned:

Josh is not a good trail leader

Jason is the "thats what she said" Master

Kumho's aren't bad in sand, rock, or mud

My rear shocks were way too long

Bob is not very good at trades

Sawdust and Peanut shells burn HOT

95' heep is DEDICATED to having fun in his Jeep

Brad's ZJ likes to lose coils

Even if you take it easy and don't do crazy obstacles, you might still roll.
Cages are worth there weight in gold!
The motor home will get over 10 MPG if driven below 65 MPH
Mac is a lucky man
Grace is a lucky girl
You guys are the best people!

Lol

Even a 103 raffle tickets can still get nothing when Kim and Macgyver are there.

Josh was a great tail gunner, just too big of a green group this year. I will prolly volunteer to gun green next year so we can split up more.

SeanR looks just like Chris Farley... and now his roof matches the rest of his rig.

Flex's second rig is sexier than his first.

Never follow a ZJ in badlands.

Buy more hay for the mud.

Figure out away to keep more heat in a tent. ( i left this one open for you I forsee comments on heat generation)

I am sure I will come up with more later.

-Rev's mission is to damage as many of your body panels as possible if you follow him on 'Rev's Run', and quite possibly take mirrors when he can.
-Don't follow Rev too closely on his pre-run. When you are backing through 2 trees you just barely made it through, but he has room enough to turn around, he will enjoy laughing at you as he patiently watches.
-My 6.0 Gasser can get over 10mpg too while towing, of course it probably doesn't tow quite as well as Sean's or Rev's
-Hot fuel rails suck... wait, I knew that already, just another reminder this year. That WILL be fixed by next year... I hope.
-The value of SeanR's jeep doubled, because it will now be a "buggy."
-It's a good thing we had the intermission at the raffle, it would have been awkward if the wrong number was called. Again, congrats Mac and Grace.
-Winterfest is one of my favorite times of the year, cant wait until next year

Having a tow rig is awesome.

Not wheeling Friday because you got there late sucks.

We need to secure straw way in advance next year.

Nachos at midnight.

Mac will have shirts and hats to wear for years.

Don't let Sue have Jager.

Rev's SuperDuty makes my truck feel like ancient farm equipment.

Get a tow rig for next year.

Dana 30 + Locker + Red Trail + Stroker = bad things

Everyone is fun to be around and very personable.

People are ready to jump in and fix your rig just because they want to help (thanks, Wade, Jake, and Dan an your son as well, oh and Paul, and Josh, and basically the entire MWC lol)

Removing inner-shafts will let you drive home without any issues.

Selling parts for beer is ALWAYS a good idea.

$40 in raffle tickets can win you a long arm upgrade and a badlands shirt:D

The campfire IS what makes winterfest.

Wade needs a TC skid.

I need a space heater.

Winterfest can make you completely change your outlook on vehicles, its time to step up to a diesel tow rig/ DD.

Overall I had a blast and everyone on NAXJA is very fun to be around.

Last edited:
It is possible to do a WF trail run, on Orange, where the only problem is someone forgetting to air down.

I can have a blast at an MWC campfire without drinking enough to have a killer hangover.

My garbage collector will no longer be getting any sawdust.

I should not hand pieces of 3/4" plywood to guys that want to break things over their heads.

There are worse things than getting water in my diffs.

And not learned, but merely reaffirmed, the MWC has the best people, and some of my best friends.

:cheers:

Oh and i also learned that the popular tire at WF this year was the KM2!

$20 in raffle tix is enough to win a few times.

Going through B.F.I(llinois) may be less stressful than driving through Chicago at rush hour, but takes about as long.

Drink heavy on Saturday, not Friday. And get more than 2hrs sleep before wheeling.

I suffered more carnage on the way down than while on the trails.

Rev leads an awesome run w/o body damage too.

Driving in Full Time just because Stryker says he did on Friday may lead to a hang up or two.

Deep fried turkey at midnight.

People are generous for helping you solve a cooling problem.

For clothes two t-shirts, a change of socks and a toothbrush is all the personal equipment you really need. The three of us brought way too much.

Gas tank skid, or more lift, or both.

My tow strap is big enough that people think I am "compensating".

Pack a lunch, and more water!

Check driveshafts for zipties before leaving.

WF is great, people are good, people with 3/4" plywood are crazy drunk.

More to come...

-one jeep with a bad alternator can drag another jeep with a bad alternator at least 50 miles

-don't follow the white wrangler

-need more skinny pedal when in deep ruts

-30+ rigs on green makes a loooooog line

-Never bring a bunch of stuff to trade or sell without a list, photographs of the new owners and phone numbers or you'll keep somebody out way too late with a long drive ahead of him (sorry, Jason)

-The boys at Rough Country will simply not let you pay them for the u-joint you used when you snap one on Rockface (I think I almost got beat up for offering 3 times)

-You can handle having your dad call you Danica for beating up his jeep as long as it's still on your trailer headed home to NC

-Selectable lockers are the poo. Turning and climbing all in one axle

-When you have cigars from southern Miami, Rev will do ANYTHING for you :)

-You can drive 6 hours in Ohio and Indiana with no rear fenders or truck bed and the PoPo doesn't care

-The bugs in your bed at the Hotel is just an "Attica thing" and you're supposed to get used to it.

-If you try and load your jeep on the trailer in the grass behind the hotel, the crazy bitch owner will come out and yell at you and write your license plate number down, then disappear when the pissed off Marine gets out of the Jeep

-The MWC does it best. The people are what make WF a great time. I would drive 18 hours every weekend to hang out with you crazy drunk people :D

Mac- Any girl that grabs the handle in front of her and tells you to put the hammer down with the passenger front wheel 3 feet in the air is a keeper. Congrats buddy :cheers:

Last edited:
*Make sure your better half zips the tent all the way at night or you will wake up in the middle of the night with a stray dog on your bed.

* Always check the roof before leaving anywhere it sucks when your husband finds your gloves on the way back from the trails that have been ran over multiple times.

*I don't think Grimmus will remember anything from Saturday night, and he likes to pull the red tickets :(

* Rev's Run is awesome

That throwing a bag of trash in the camp fire was a bonehead thing to do...but seemed like a good idea at the time :gee: (won't happen again....)

seanR CAN run a vacuum

John can pressure the beer w/ my CO2 anytime, anyplace....

My wifes "comfort zone" has been increased tremendously.....

Mike Hale is not a fan of the Bacon Explosion and complained about his pretty rig award.....he must be a communist :D

After running with seanR for 2 years I still called him by the wrong last name.....

The MWC polished off 5# of Bacon Explosion and there were still people waiting in line for a piece...

The cheese flowed like wine once again...about 20# to be exact.....

That only being President of the Chapter for 3 months really has your eyes opened to what all goes into this event and the people that make it what it is....I hope that credit was given where it was due and I apologize if I overlooked anyone, it was not intentional.

and last but not least...this is the GREATEST group of guys and gals that make this chapter what it is...and I am PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS CHAPTER!!! :thumbup:

- just because there is 30 minutes left till closing time doesnt mean you cant break, bad.
- camping next to bmyohn can be good and bad
- Robies caters kick ass food
- 70+ rigs can and will fit into 1 photo
- watching people wheel is almost as fun as wheeling yourself
- glad i brought JakeWI cause he can take awesome pics
- im ready for WF '11

I learned that I can be awarded to have a ugliest rig even I was very very least not expecting it! This WILL not happen next year!

Sometimes Sean's bumper sticker is right.

Sleeping next to the crapper has it benefits/drawbacks.

Some people have all the luck.

Mac is just a softie.

Don't blow your horn at Kim's sister-in-law.

Skid plates are golden.

Tons more but my head hurts.

Oh, yeah, some people get pissy when you tell them they have a nice rig. :)

Last edited:
Back