• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Annual NAC Mohawk Madness Weekend Sept 3-5th labor day weekend

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
(this announcement is long over-due and i appologize for that. i have too much going on this year. )

Where: northwestern Ma and southwestern Vt area

when: September 3rd thru 5th, saturday thru monday. labor day weekend.

base camp: Pittsfield State Forest, Pittsfield Ma, (specifics TBA)

CAMPING COSTS:
these amounts are for the whole weekend regardless of how many days/nights you stay. these fees are for camping expenses only and are not a trail fee. this wil be collected when you arrive and sign-in. no exceptions will be allowed.

$15 for driver and their vehicle.
$5 for each additional passenger/guest.

we ran this last summer and had a great turn-out and this year will be no different. camping will be available friday pm thru monday am. expect wheeling saturday and sunday and monday if there is interest. and the trails will be selected with regards to the rigs in attendance.
this is an NAC chapter event, but will be run like a national event in regards to safety and conduct bylaws.

at this point we will not be doing an "organized" BBQ meal as part of this event. bring your own stuff and we can make it a pot-luck kinda deal. bring something besides burgers and share it!! i'll have my famous Ka-bobs.

this is the campground. address and directions are at the bottom of the page.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/ma/pitt/newindex.html

i will post more info on this later.

Last edited:
I should have my XJ road worthy by then but its questionable if ill be wheelin her by then. but either way ill be there.

i'm quitting if i can't go :laugh3: pm me if any scouting help is needed i'll be glad to go help if time allows

bj-666 said:
i'm quitting if i can't go :laugh3: pm me if any scouting help is needed i'll be glad to go help if time allows

Ya right! :laugh3:

Dad, I'm quitting if you don't let me go wheeling.

Really? Well, you're fired. Get out and walk back to the dock.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

bj-666 said:
pm me if any scouting help is needed i'll be glad to go help if time allows

i see you are in "red" finally brandon. good choice. are you available to run up there on sunday the 21st? i'm running an NY club thru some stuff and i'd like to show you this run.

sidriptide said:
how silly of me to forget that you walk on water, but conversely you forget that the rest of us folk can't.
:nono: You missed the joke. I was kidding Brandon about his Dad making him swim back. . .never mind, must have been a bad joke. :doh: So much for my comedy writing career.

Last edited:
I will be there in my XJ but wont be wheelin it unless i can get some mad cash quick.

Cant make this trip. I really wanted to run my jeep through the trail. Only rode the trail. But ill be boom booming with the bridesmades at a wedding :kissyou: . And taking advantage of the open bar. Have fun, and take lots of pics

Pete

PeterBuilt said:
Cant make this trip. I really wanted to run my jeep through the trail. Only rode the trail. But ill be boom booming with the bridesmades at a wedding :kissyou: . And taking advantage of the open bar. Have fun, and take lots of pics

Pete
I'll mahe a deal wit ya, ill take pics of the wheelin trip if you take pics of the bridesmades

I've been working on the Jeep non stop doing maintenance and was ready to do the front tow points next weekend but both welders broke on friday so it doesn't look like I'll be ready.

the nice thing for me is i have these big foam blocks i strap to my feet and can walk quite far on the water befor geting tired.:laugh3: no we have to boats so if i'm not there boat no go out :wave:

I would like to come along, but as of now my jeep doesnt have any tow points or a spare tire. If i can get some tow hooks in the front and a reciever hitch with one of those d rings that slide into the reciever on by then would i be able to participate?

Grizzley said:
:nono: You missed the joke. I was kidding Brandon about his Dad making him swim back. . .never mind, must have been a bad joke. :doh: So much for my comedy writing career.
I got it.

And I'm tired ...

Back