• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Mods

JeepJockey

NAXJA Forum User
I want to add a 3" lift and gas tank Skid to my rig. Which lift kit and skid plate should I use? The tank already has a bent strap and several large scrapes in it. I think I better cover it before it starts to leak.

I am running a mostly stock 97 Chrokee Country with the Manufacurer towing package. It does not have the Country Suspension.

The only mods that I have made is adding Rusty's front tow hooks and front receiver. Also switched tires to 29's

Rusty's 3" lift with add-a-leaf will give you good bang for the buck. If you can spend a little more, go with RE. As for the skid, the factory gas tank skid, if you can find one, is pretty decent and should fit better than most aftermarket skids. Especially considering you have the factory tow package. While you're at it, look at Rusty's transfercase skid. Another good value for the price. BTW,most 3" lifts are good for 31" tires with very minor trimming.

Thanks for yoru comments about Rusty's and the skid plate. As you indicated, I am hoping to put 31's on it after the lift. Those will have to come later after paying for the lift and skid.

Back