• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ride Sign-ups: MODERATE - Lead by Jason Ledford and Brian Thurston

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
This ride will include moderate trails such as Lower/Upper Rock Garden, Fish Fossil, Killin Time, etc.

Your Jeep should be equipped with at least 32"+ tires and recovery points.
Lockers would be beneficial but not necessary.

Rides will leave Friday and Saturday morning. We have not currently set a departure time as last year worked pretty well with relaxed scheduled runs. It will be your responsibility to find the leader of this ride and discuss the route and departure time. Groups typically meet in front of Cabin 1 to depart.

Please comment in this thread to let us know you'd like to join this group. This will be split into two groups. Please choose who you'd like to be in a group with.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Last edited:
043500's group (Jason Ledford)

My plan is for us to be ready to roll around 9AM each day. For Friday and Saturday I will have to head back to camp around 3:30 or so to be back by 4:30.

A large part of our group will be here Tuesday and riding some Wednesday and Thursday. We will be planning on headed to the Train Shed Wednesday and then come back across around Lion's Den (will not do Lion's Den) and that will eat up a good part of the day.
Thursday we will head out to Buds Bypass to ooh and aah the waterfall and then cruise up to white tail to play around. Plan to eat lunch at the Dairy Hut in Evarts Thursday. We can then ease back toward camp and see if we want to mess around on anything.

For Friday: I would like to start out on Fish Fossil. We may have to do a turn around at the end a run it backwards to get out. Then there's tons more around there so maybe hit up Pinball and Railbed. Then see where the day takes us.

For Saturday: I would like to start out on Lower Rock Garden. We can get it done and be out of the way for the race. Then on to Killin Time which is right after LRG and then head up Grape Vine to Middle Rock Garden.

We have at least 8 rigs below...if Mattsons and Kemps bring multiples we could be up to 9 or 10 very quickly but more are welcome if you want.

Now up to 9 confirmed.

1) 043500 MJ on tons and 37's locked both ends and winch
2) Calvin (my son) XJ on 32's with 5.5" of lift no lockers
3) Mattsons (yellow XJ) at least 1 XJ on 33's a locked both ends
4) Clearwaters JKU Rubicon on 33's and winch
5) Kemps ***unsure of rig stature
6) Philmans XJ on 33's not locked
7) a-mechanic JKU on 35's unlocked, winch
8) Georgia Mike
9) Chuck JKU 33's winch

Last edited:
043500's group (Jason Ledford)

My plan is for us to be ready to roll around 9AM each day. For Friday and Saturday I will have to head back to camp around 3:30 or so to be back by 4:30.

A large part of our group will be here Tuesday and riding some Wednesday and Thursday. We will be planning on headed to the Train Shed Wednesday and then come back across around Lion's Den (will not do Lion's Den) and that will eat up a good part of the day.
Thursday we will head out to Buds Bypass to ooh and aah the waterfall and then cruise up to white tail to play around. Plan to eat lunch at the Dairy Hut in Evarts Thursday. We can then ease back toward camp and see if we want to mess around on anything.

For Friday: I would like to start out on Fish Fossil. We may have to do a turn around at the end a run it backwards to get out. Then there's tons more around there so maybe hit up Pinball and Railbed. Then see where the day takes us.

For Saturday: I would like to start out on Lower Rock Garden. We can get it done and be out of the way for the race. Then on to Killin Time which is right after LRG and then head up Grape Vine to Middle Rock Garden.

We have at least 8 rigs below...if Mattsons and Kemps bring multiples we could be up to 9 or 10 very quickly but more are welcome if you want.

7) a-mechanic
8) Georgia Mike

Add one to that, My friend Chuck is coming with.
I have JKU on 35s not locked, winch
Chuck has a JKU 33's and a winch

Spawn 93's Group (Brian Thurston)

I'm planning to be in Wednesday by noon, but that's not a tight schedule or deadline for me. Anyone that is around when I get in is more than welcome to join up and ride up the mountain. Open for suggestions for Wednesday afternoon and Thursday.

More planning on my part is required to determine trails for Friday and Saturday. Recovery points are a must have. Depending on the weather, the access trails can be a bear in the event of rain. Saturday trails will be geared toward being at the Lower Rock Garden Shootout and returning for the evening meal and raffle.

I may have missed a rig or 2 but adding Eddie Kemp fills up 10 spots for my group. I am willing to take more but it'll put us doing less obstacles.

Now up to 10 confirmed.

7) a-mechanic JKU on 35's unlocked, winch
8) Georgia Mike
9) Chuck JKU 33's winch
10) Eddie Kemp

Back