• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oooooooweeeee, I'm stiff!

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Sicko's, get your mind outta the gutter, NOT that kinda stiff.

I got my TNT frame stiffeners put on this weekend. My arms are SORE as hell from grinding for no joke, 4-5 hours... working on getting those damn cups off that Billy welded on for my previous rock rails... which reminds me... Eff you billy... eff... you... Your welds are too strong... :D

Anyway, huge thanks goes out to Cal for helping me out, and Mike (Willy51) for letting us use his shop. Also, thanks to Rich, Andy, and Johnny for making it possible to get these on this weekend.

Cal also taught me how to weld!!! I think I could get the hang of this with a little bit of practice, all was going well until we ran outta gas, and had to switch to flux core. (n)

DSCF3409.jpg

I spend ENTIRELY too long doing this this weekend:

DSCF3411.jpg

DSCF3415.jpg

DSCF3420.jpg

And dun dun dun... one of MY FIRST WELDS!!!!!!! w00000!!!!

DSCF3425.jpg

All in all, by far one of the best investments I've ever made on my rig! I used to have a creak/crack from my dash when I'd first jump in the Jeep to drive it, everything would move and settle, then anytime I'd hit a bump etc I'd hear it. This COMPLETELY stopped it. I can't wait to wheel this thing, but I've got a few other things going on first. :D Those are for another post.

Last edited:
I need to get some of those

Looks great, not bad at all for a first weld. How thick are those? A 1/4?

Now you just gotta get those TMR braces on, and dig up a high pinion front end.

you poor bastard, you did them in your driveway! that would suck!

Back