NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > NAC-Fest 2008
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

NAC-Fest 2008 NAC-Fest 2008 will be June 19-22 at Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA.

 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old March 2nd, 2008, 06:58
krelja's Avatar
krelja krelja is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 650
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

I need to put in my SYE, dana 44, gears, new tires, currie steering, and a aussie. It's just been to cold to work on the heep alot
  #17  
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:36
knuckle_buster knuckle_buster is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oxford, Pa.
Posts: 324
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Need front shocks, parking brake could work better, and fix the annoying oil leak.
  #18  
Old March 5th, 2008, 08:54
OverlandZJ's Avatar
OverlandZJ OverlandZJ is offline
NAXJA Member # 101
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bristol,PA
Posts: 7,174
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckle_buster
Need front shocks, parking brake could work better, and fix the annoying oil leak.
I spent last saturday swapping a rear main and oilpan gasket, to find out my valve cover is leaking.

Andy tells me you scored a nice XJ, lets see a pic.
  #19  
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:45
vetteboy's Avatar
vetteboy vetteboy is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: morganville, nj
Posts: 8,064
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

I'm finally finishing all the crap I've been putting off for the last year. This is...

- whole interior, floor, mounting stuff, etc.
- get about 1-2" more uptravel in front
---relocate front shock mounts
---add in air bumps in place of OEM bump towers
- ditch OEM steering pump and reservoir
---add TC pump and external res.
- finally swap Dodge 2500 MC in to have a solid brake pedal
- bend up some more tube for exo bars along roof & rear quarters

I also got two front fenders and a new front header panel from a junk jeep so I'm gonna swap those in while I'm at it.

Hopefully I'll get everything painted too...we'll see. It feels good to actually be working on it again instead of fixing stupid crap.
__________________
Language filters are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
  #20  
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:09
Andy in Pa.'s Avatar
Andy in Pa. Andy in Pa. is offline
NAXJA Member #180
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Downingtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,726
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy
I'm finally finishing all the crap I've been putting off for the last year. This is...

- whole interior, floor, mounting stuff, etc.
- get about 1-2" more uptravel in front
---relocate front shock mounts
---add in air bumps in place of OEM bump towers
- ditch OEM steering pump and reservoir
---add TC pump and external res.
- finally swap Dodge 2500 MC in to have a solid brake pedal
- bend up some more tube for exo bars along roof & rear quarters

I also got two front fenders and a new front header panel from a junk jeep so I'm gonna swap those in while I'm at it.

Hopefully I'll get everything painted too...we'll see. It feels good to actually be working on it again instead of fixing stupid crap.
I just had to pick on you a little...

Getting tired of using your tranny as a foot rest?

1 to 2" more uptravel?? The 25" of suspension travel you have now isn't enough?

Paint it??? Don't you dare go and make that thing all pretty.... none of us will recognize it then.
__________________
"I can get you in...."
  #21  
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:26
vetteboy's Avatar
vetteboy vetteboy is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: morganville, nj
Posts: 8,064
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Pa.
I just had to pick on you a little...

Getting tired of using your tranny as a foot rest?

1 to 2" more uptravel?? The 25" of suspension travel you have now isn't enough?

Paint it??? Don't you dare go and make that thing all pretty.... none of us will recognize it then.


In the Nov/Dec issue of Crawl magazine there's a writeup of one of our trail rides at Rausch. In that article there's a little spot where it talks about the death of my iPod in Cumberland Valley, where it jumped out of my lap and into a spinning driveshaft. At that point I figured having a floor might be useful. (this was in mid-June).

Keeping the same amount of travel overall, just...re-proportioning it a little bit. That pesky inner fenderwell wasn't doing anything anyway.





__________________
Language filters are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
  #22  
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:26
Andy in Pa.'s Avatar
Andy in Pa. Andy in Pa. is offline
NAXJA Member #180
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Downingtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,726
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy


In the Nov/Dec issue of Crawl magazine there's a writeup of one of our trail rides at Rausch. In that article there's a little spot where it talks about the death of my iPod in Cumberland Valley, where it jumped out of my lap and into a spinning driveshaft. At that point I figured having a floor might be useful. (this was in mid-June).

Keeping the same amount of travel overall, just...re-proportioning it a little bit. That pesky inner fenderwell wasn't doing anything anyway.





I read that article, I didn't understand how that would happen until I saw your truck up close...

Jeez, its looks like we better have a "Show and Shine" area at Nac-Fest for all the freshly painted XJ's to hang out...when are you getting the "bling" wheels/tires?? (like Zach V. on BMJA...)
__________________
"I can get you in...."
  #23  
Old March 7th, 2008, 11:19
vetteboy's Avatar
vetteboy vetteboy is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: morganville, nj
Posts: 8,064
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Pa.
Jeez, its looks like we better have a "Show and Shine" area at Nac-Fest for all the freshly painted XJ's to hang out...when are you getting the "bling" wheels/tires?? (like Zach V. on BMJA...)
Zach already tried to get me to buy some.

I almost had a deal worked out to trade some guy in south NJ my tires & wheels for a set of 42" Iroks on H2's...but he ran away when I sent him pics of mine. C'mon, they're not that bad...

Floor is coming along though.



Upgraded steering pump (little higher flow & pressure), bling reservoir, and some hoses and junk are ordered and on their way.
__________________
Language filters are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
  #24  
Old March 9th, 2008, 19:38
nhrocker's Avatar
nhrocker nhrocker is offline
Jackstand wheeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Claremont, NH
Posts: 1,794
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Let's see...
  • shorten down pipe+replace cat converter
  • ditch front sway bar+mounts
  • flip tierod above knuckle+replace ends+add hydro assist
  • replace axle end track bar mount
  • replace outer axle seal that blew up...
  • if time/money permits- 35's and beadlocks
....oh yeah, and get it driving again!

Still not sure what it's going to take to get it drivable since I'm still not sure what's wrong. Once it warms up my next try will be replacing the entire electrical system to see if that fixes it...
  #25  
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:16
gabe4 gabe4 is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 624
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

well just got the brakes fixed one of the caliper bolt holes was stripped. Once tapped and replaced the clicking that had been driving me crazy for a year fiannly stopped. plus i got my new 5" coils I won a last year on(thanks to DPG) it ride better. Now if I can just sort out this overheating issue. Also replaced muffler it got crushed on a tree.
  #26  
Old March 10th, 2008, 13:25
vetteboy's Avatar
vetteboy vetteboy is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: morganville, nj
Posts: 8,064
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteboy
Floor is coming along though.
...

__________________
Language filters are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
  #27  
Old March 16th, 2008, 22:13
nhrocker's Avatar
nhrocker nhrocker is offline
Jackstand wheeler
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Claremont, NH
Posts: 1,794
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrocker
Let's see...
  • shorten down pipe+replace cat converter
  • ditch front sway bar+mounts
  • flip tierod above knuckle+replace ends+add hydro assist
  • replace axle end track bar mount
  • replace outer axle seal that blew up...
  • if time/money permits- 35's and beadlocks
....oh yeah, and get it driving again!

Still not sure what it's going to take to get it drivable since I'm still not sure what's wrong. Once it warms up my next try will be replacing the entire electrical system to see if that fixes it...
Looks like I can add another thing to my list, swapping out transfer cases. A friend is hooking me up with a freshly rebuilt 231 with TeraLow 4:1, 2Lo kit, new chain, and AA SYE. The lower gearing sure sounds nice since it looks like if my Jeep is running I'll be borrowing Rob's new 35's for NacFest.
  #28  
Old March 17th, 2008, 06:04
vetteboy's Avatar
vetteboy vetteboy is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: morganville, nj
Posts: 8,064
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Yay, no more death hole.



__________________
Language filters are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
  #29  
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:53
Andy in Pa.'s Avatar
Andy in Pa. Andy in Pa. is offline
NAXJA Member #180
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Downingtown, Pa.
Posts: 3,726
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Nice...no more wet feet either!! Those aren't actually pinion gears, right?? I have never seen pinion gear shifter knobs before...cool....

A.
__________________
"I can get you in...."
  #30  
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:32
vetteboy's Avatar
vetteboy vetteboy is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: morganville, nj
Posts: 8,064
Re: NAC-Fest prep thread

Yeah they are...from some small right angle gearboxes we're rebuilding at work.

Here they are next to a quarter (crappy pic).



These particular ones came out of some small right-angle gearboxes that drive ventilation fans for incubators at a hatchery in upstate NY.

A shot of the whole new tunnel, I'll be very glad when this part of the project is over with. I'm getting sick of sheetmetal:



Got my new steering stuff too, I overheated the factory reservoir and it sprung a leak where the plastic seam is, so that crap had to go. Might as well do an upgraded pump at the same time.

__________________
Language filters are dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparManiac
I spent plenty of time farting
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JV prep cal SoCal Chapter 19 November 19th, 2007 19:04
how does one prep the jeep for some air?? WE b GPN Modified Tech Discussion 8 April 3rd, 2006 07:54
waggy 44 prep xjoe Modified Tech Discussion 27 June 1st, 2005 21:18
Lift kit on the way need prep help JMLichner Modified Tech Discussion 8 July 10th, 2004 21:30
Trip Prep LBEXJ 2004 NAC Fest 2 June 6th, 2004 07:29


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014