• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Buildup III

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
My 89 rig has been gone since last Feb......it's been over a year since I've wheeled my own Jeep and that's waaay too long. Since my garage is getting too crowded to fit both cars, and with BOTW a month away, it's high time to get the parts off the floor and onto the rig. I've decided to apply some of the Jeepspeed tricks as well on this rig, because I do like to drive fast on occasion and since I have a fresh rig, I'm building for both crawlin' and haulin', within the tolerances of my budget....and maintaining reliable daily driver status.

Other than the Fastman 62mm T-body that I bought myself for Christmas, my rig is still stock.....until last weekend. Got the ARB's installed in my D30 and D44 a few weeks ago and finally have all the parts collected to assemble, so here we go..........

spacer.gif

Last edited:
I hate snapfish......stay tuned for pix that I can actually share!!:confused1

We shall see, a real friend would make it easy for me to forklift all the stuff I have on snapfish and dump it into their photobucket..............

Now that you're all aquiver with excitement and anticipation........

TMR Customs front XJ unirail stiffeners

000_0243.jpg

Plates clamped on to mark up weld points so that paint can be removed
000_0255.jpg

Paint removed at weld points
000_0257.jpg

HP D30 Inner C gussets
000_0141.jpg

T&T Customs D30 truss
000_0206.jpg

T&T Customs Y-Link kit, ready to head to the powdercoater
000_0242.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't seen either the frame reinforcement plates or the truss before. That is some good stuff..........looks real good.

Where did you pick up those front reinforcing plates, did you have them cut yourself?

edit... ugh i feel like an idiot, I just read the title of the picture!

Lookin good so far bro!

Last edited:
uniquexjbannon said:
Man i wish i had known about those plates, after how many $^#$#$ hours of work on mine!!!! Looks good!

Yup, they come in 1/8" and 3/16" and are simple to install because they are already a perfect fit. We've all done the "my time is free so I'll save the money and fab it myself"........

Goatman said:
I hadn't seen either the frame reinforcement plates or the truss before. That is some good stuff..........looks real good.

Both were very simple to install, I was all set on fabbing my own truss.....if I had more time, I prolly would but the T&T unit is too slick and easy. Welded some more plugs tonight on the pass side uni-rail stiffeners til I trashed my last tip.......drilled the centering holes in my spring perches, JKS SBS is here so I've got another busy weekend planned.....more pix to come.

Last edited:
XJEEPER said:
Both were very simple to install, I was all set on fabbing my own truss.....if I had more time, I prolly would but the T&T unit is too slick and easy. Welded some more plugs tonight on the pass side uni-rail stiffeners til I trashed my last tip.......drilled the centering holes in my spring perches, JKS SBS is here so I've got another busy weekend planned.....more pix to come.

SBS?

(Sorry for my ignorance)

The TMR plates come long on each end to trim to your liking, I trimmed mine to line up with the T&T unirail stiffeners and will do the same up front to fit around the SBS. I'll have some pix this weekend to clarify.

Back