• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's your favorite tool?

mrtoyota

NAXJA Forum User
So, I'm studying, and occasionally need something to distract me from Econometrics. I figured a discussion on our favorite tools might be kinda fun/interesting.

Here's the question: What's your favorite tool(s) and why?

I personally love my Mastercraft socket set. I got it on sale almost 7 years ago after just starting my job and although they're not very glamorous, I love it for two reasons. Firstly, It's proven to be a good quality set of tools at a great price that functions very well, and secondly it's something that I use basically every time I work on the jeep; they're an incredibly useful set of tools.

Let's hear about your favorite tools!

Welder. Need I say more?

/thread

haha, nope, nothing more has to be said! I learned to weld with a stick welder 8 or so years ago, but haven't used one since... I've recently wanted to re-learn, I'm thinking of picking one up next time one goes on sale at princess auto. kinda jealous you've got a welder and I don't :)

13mm 12pt impact universal w 1/2" drive. Use is about 100times a month and a good quality one is worth its weight in good.

Probably my gearwrench stubby ratcheting wrenches

welder
angle grinder
blacksmith hammer

I'm with these guys on this one :gee:

Breaker bar
12 point 13mm socket... damn d30 unit bearing bolts!
Vise... doing ujoints has never been so easy. 5 minutes with a vise and a BFH
5/16" gearwrench makes ujoint strap and double cardan bolts spin out so easy once you break em free
5/16 6 point box wrench for breaking the same bolts loose without rounding
cordless sawzall and angle grinder for junkyard runs

Grinder/cutoff wheel.
If something is giving me troubles and its easily replaced you will usually hear me say "**** it... Cut the damn thing off!"

1\2" ratchet and 3ft pipe, I'm a skinny bastard and need more power.

Back