• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard Finds

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Not sure where to put this, so Ill just make a new thread for it.

I was at the U Pull and Save off 76 and saw a couple things people might want.
1. Drivers drop lb D44 out of a '86? FS Cherokee. Looked complete minus the steering, had drive slugs on it.
2. Super charged 3.8 out of a Pontiac Grand Am?

The Jeep was one row to the right from the entrance, in the front. The Pontiac was in the far back left corner with the engine pulled sitting in the isle.

Figured someone might be wanting a D44 or supercharger.

That D44 will be a low pinion unit.

Is the 3.8 a front wheel drive engine?

Is the 3.8 a front wheel drive engine?

Yup. Non-traditional motor mount castings in the block..... meant to be mounted transversely.

LKQ Aurora

I saw a DS drop, HP D-44, under a leaf sprung F-250. It was complete from lock to lock, even had a (for-real!) flat top knuckle on the passenger side. Somebody took the front leaf springs; brake lines are the only thing connecting it to the truck.

I saw a couple of the elusive shift bezels that Flores posted about.

PARTSDOG506a.jpg

Here is the real hen's tooth! This is the third, and nicest set of these I've seen, EVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRRR!

PARTSDOG488a.jpg

The other two sets make this one look pristine.

PARTSDOG489a.jpg

There was this '97 with an aftermarket bumper. It also had a spacer and shackle lift.

PARTSDOG487a.jpg

Not much else to get excited about, unless you like carburated Fords. :D Although, I did see a D-44/9-inch combo under a '77 F-150.

PARTSDOG492a.jpg

Nope, Edelbroke carb, intake and valve covers.

Don't you get a rash from looking at Ford parts??? :D

Now that I heard back from somebody else...

PARTSDOG491a.jpg

If I know you are on the hunt for something, I just might give you a heads-up before the rest of the world knows about it.

NAXJA

I don't know what the dealio is with that green leather, but it doesn't age for shite!

Two years after my bud brought his ZJ home, I see a set of seats to match. Tan, cream, gray, and black, all fare better than that stupid green.

There is a set of aftermarket leaves on the same vehicle, tempting...

PARTSDOG538a.jpg

nice find -- those are pricy coils...

Back