• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interest in SR/DV oct 15th

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
any interest in DV/SR oct 15th and 16th?

interested so far:

my cousin mike(outlaw mike)
sean? (seansXJ)
Rob is a maybe if he isnt working(rob707)
me (blondejon)
kevin (jeeper 450)
friend bill (not on naxja)
mike (mike 1331)

i figure drive up and run DV front to back sat, then wheel into SR from the north after DV, camp at the south side of SR, play horseshoes and drink beer and play on the stair steps sat night a bunch and the fun stuff in the back area sat and sun then go home. maybe see who can drive the trail from south camp to the north side in under 20 minutes for fun...

will SR be open, or does it not close? I noticed that HWY 4 looks to be closed over the summit and may or may not be closed before the campground, its tough to tell and Ive never been up that way when it would be closed.

Let me know, I may want to change my plans, cancel this weekends wheeling and pencil in next weekend. Or just go both

Edit: nevermind, I called and they are going to plow/melt the road so its going to be open. I guess closing it in early october is just not ok with them

Last edited:
well, I AM wheeling this weekend so I guess I will be a last minute decision for next weekend. They got about 2' of snow at 7000' so the trail might still have some snow on it by next week. Hope for warm temps and above freezing nights.

well, I AM wheeling this weekend so I guess I will be a last minute decision for next weekend. They got about 2' of snow at 7000' so the trail might still have some snow on it by next week. Hope for warm temps and above freezing nights.

thatll be fun if there is some snow

dana 35s are allowed if you bring tools, shafts, hi lift, and a winch to get your junk outta the way so we can all get through. that 8.8 will be nice.

i usually camp at the south end of slick rock.

i was thinking of a couple options.
option 1:
drive straight to DV sat morning from sac, meet up in murphys or arnold somewhere.
wheel DV front to back , then drive straight into SR, camp at the south end where all the cool camp spots are

Option 2:
for some of the rigs that may not want to run DV and slick back to back we can drive into the south side of SR, setup camp, get rid of the gear that way, then wheel SR out to DV, then run DV , then wheel back into SR.

either way i was planning on camping at the south end of SR

i usually camp at the south end of slick rock.

i was thinking of a couple options.
option 1:
drive straight to DV sat morning from sac, meet up in murphys or arnold somewhere.
wheel DV front to back , then drive straight into SR, camp at the south end where all the cool camp spots are

Option 2:
for some of the rigs that may not want to run DV and slick back to back we can drive into the south side of SR, setup camp, get rid of the gear that way, then wheel SR out to DV, then run DV , then wheel back into SR.

either way i was planning on camping at the south end of SR

I would like to camp at the south end of Slickrock too. Running DV to 4 then running to the back of SR would be cool. Then run SR to 4 sunday?

I like option 2. lots wheeling for a day though. Then maybe a quick trip up the ridge on sunday and head out.

With that said, there's a good chance I cant make it. The shop that installed my gears never put a part back in and i could shake the carrier around with my hand because the backlash was wayyyy out. So if i can finish it tomorrow ill be there lol

oh man i read your thread im sorry to hear that. i hope it all gets sorted out.

sounds like there is a bunch of snow up there. sh0uld be fun.

yeah....there may not be any snow left. I went up and wheeled truckee this past weekend and although there was up to 20" in some "drifts", that means that 10" plus had already packed down or melted off and it was pretty slushy for the top few inches. I have a feeling that the rest will melt this week, its supposed to be pretty warm and stay above freezing for the most part. that doesnt change whether or not it will be fun though!

I cant go as it turns out, I guess I had plans already that I didnt know about

Jeeps in the shop. Should be ready by thursday. I am planning on going.

Whats the wheeling plan?
Caravan anyone?

you can caravan with me from sac. i wont be going until sat morning.

the wheeling plan is open.

the one i thinking of now is to wheel into slickrock, setup camp on the south end, and then see what we feel like doing from there. wheel slickrock back out to DV or jsut run SR again and play on the stairsteps. or something else.

so going so far:

jeep450 (kevin)
outlawmike(mike)
blondejon(me)
our freind bill
maybe justin too

ill prob have room in my jeep for a co pilot if anyone wants to ride along

Last edited:
bossdog just asked if i can work saturday morning to help move our office so i'm going to do that. But I may show up saturday night solo if i get done at a reasonable hour.

So you'll be camped Here?
the Staging Area (Southern)
Elevation: 6800 Feet
Latitude: 38° 26' 26.3" Longitude: - 120° 00' 28.5"

It's the last marker on Josh's map
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=5

we are prob going to be on the trail a couple hundred yard in from there at the duck creek bridge.
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Duck Creek Bridge[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]38° 26' 30.8" N[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]- 120° 00' 30.5" W[/FONT]

its way faster to come into the south end to meet up with us instead of going north to south. theres a road like 5 miles or so before the slickrock turnoff you take to get to the southern access road.

ok, if i can't get the xj ready in time it still might be worth it to come out and watch ya'll beat on your rigs, can i get to your campsite with my taco? In which case i'll bring my dirt bike per chance i need to trek forward for a pull.

edit, i see the route from the south side.

Last edited:
Back