• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to re-gear?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
long story short, I'm looking to have my front end re-setup, I dont want to pull the axle out again.. I'll be bringing the jeep in with new parts in hand..

my original guy did a good job, but he charges the same as six states..

Six states wants $325 + misc parts.. I round that up to $400
But he assures me he can have it done next day at most.

Anyone else have a trusted source? at this point i'm just "shopping for best value" Cheapest isnt always best.. I want a decent warranty. Lets face it.. I'm on 35s with a dana 30 and a v8.. i need to be able to point fingers here..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Edit.. got it figured out.. so much cheaper to yank the axle and take it in

If somebody wants to answer the question anyway. I know there was somebody on the west side that was supposedly good for doing regear and locker setup...?

If somebody wants to answer the question anyway. I know there was somebody on the west side that was supposedly good for doing regear and locker setup...?

KnA offroad in Boring well worth the drive very reasonable prices. But better act fast because he's retiring soon.

Sent from my butt since that's what I talk out of most the time!

He's the only guy I will use the guy knows his shit. He's not retiring in that sence though, he just won't be doing work for other shops. :)

Last edited:
150.00 for install for loose axle or center section, 300.00 for ARB set up and install. He did both of mine and narowed my front axel. He screwed up and quoted me 150.00 for install and setup on my ARB install, so he ate it I tryed to pay him more but he wouldn't take it he said it was his mistake.

I think his rates gone up to $200.00 setup but still cheeper then anybody else. Also he only charges 10% over his cost plus shipping on any parts from Randy's.

Dave

Sent from my butt since that's what I talk out of most the time!

Really when did he raise his rates? I guess I was lucky my chit was done when it was, still well worth it either way.
Ask Dustin thats who did his gear setup, Its funny how I found him Dustin recommended him to me but I still wasen't sold, then I decided to narrow my 44 up front and Dutchman gave me his number, forgot that Dustin recommended him put two and two together text Dustin for confermation and whala found my guy. :O

Last edited:
Really when did he raise his rates? I guess I was lucky my chit was done when it was, still well worth it either way.
Ask Dustin thats who did his gear setup, Its funny how I found him Dustin recommended him to me but I still wasen't sold, then I decided to narrow my 44 up front and Dutchman gave me his number, forgot that Dustin recommended him put two and two together text Dustin for confermation and whala found my guy. :O
I should be getting royalties for all the customers I've pointed his way. :D

You guys need to quit wearing him out with all your fancy axle jobs. Last thing I need is for him to close shop and retire. Then I'm out a gear guy!

You guys need to quit wearing him out with all your fancy axle jobs. Last thing I need is for him to close shop and retire. Then I'm out a gear guy!

I got ya covered lol I got taught by a guy just like darrell

He told me today he will still be around, but he made it pretty apparent that he would like to fix his chit and wheel himself,seems the poor guy has pleanty of work and is making great money just no time to enjoy it. Isn't that the way life alway is. :cheers:

Its funny you said something around the camp fire. And I have lived a mile or two from him for over 20 years and never knew he was there.

Cherokee's are for kids and women. Grown ups wheel Wranglers!

Back