• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SnapOn Renix Scanner w/ODBII as well

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody interested in a SnapOn 2500 "Brick" scanner for Renix vehicles. It plugs into the diagnostic port. It also comes with the ODBII scanner adapter and the ODBI adapter can be had for cheap. It comes complete with carrying case and and manuals. I wouldn't be selling it but Christmas is comming. I'm asking $225 plus shipping.

Anybody interested in a SnapOn 2500 "Brick" scanner for Renix vehicles. It plugs into the diagnostic port. It also comes with the ODBII scanner adapter and the ODBI adapter can be had for cheap. It comes complete with carrying case and and manuals. I wouldn't be selling it but Christmas is comming. I'm asking $225 plus shipping.

If I had a spare 225 I'd be all over this.

Good deal for the Renix owners out there.

Great deal on that for someone. I have one for my Renix's and it works great for anyone that is wondering. It gives live info for the Renix system which is great

will this scan hondas also.(2004). i do have a renix, but would also like one for the buggy which has a honda 3.5 from a 2004 year model.

if this will work on my 95 and I can get a module to work on my wife 03 wj Ill take it from ya.. As long as its good working order..

themud

Like was said, it needs an adapter to work with ODBI which is what HO's have prior to 96. My SnapOn rep said he could get a used one for around $50.

Let me know on the OBD1 adapter and the key that goes with it if you can get them Ill need a paypal addy to finish this deal.. PM me back with the info and we can finish this backchannel...

themud

Sorry Old man I have to pass on this.. just wanted to let you know as soon as I could free bumpage for you..

themud
good stuff for the next seller..

My local SnapOn hooker has not returned my calls on the ODBI.

as far as OBD1 goes each car has a different connection. IE one for ford one for chevy one for dodge etc etc i have a solis and i just buy the connections (they use the same ones 2500 and solis) as i need them. they range in price from 35 to 50 bucks each or the whole kit for every connector known to strap on is 400 bucks...including the OBD2 with its personality keys
if you need snap on parts/tools etc PM TOMTOM. he is the ultimate snap on guy

Hmm, what all does it do that I can not already do a VO meter? Last time I checked my 87 Renix port that it would hook up to on my 87, it had some dead wires there, that are not really dead elsewhere (Ecomike bypasses, and bad wires, LOL), But I have two running Renix jeeps. Will it also interface with the Renix era TCU?

What all does it actually do?

I already have a laptop size (brick as you call it) Matco engine analyzer I bought after 2 years of never being able to find a Renix analyzer, that gives all the engine harmonics data, but it does not talk directly to the Renix ECU!

So is there an online manual that shows what that system will actually show from the Renix ECU? Or is it just a generic analyzer, like the Matco MD-59 unit I have?

Hmm, what all does it do that I can not already do a VO meter? Last time I checked my 87 Renix port that it would hook up to on my 87, it had some dead wires there, that are not really dead elsewhere (Ecomike bypasses, and bad wires, LOL), But I have two running Renix jeeps. Will it also interface with the Renix era TCU?

What all does it actually do?

I already have a laptop size (brick as you call it) Matco engine analyzer I bought after 2 years of never being able to find a Renix analyzer, that gives all the engine harmonics data, but it does not talk directly to the Renix ECU!

So is there an online manual that shows what that system will actually show from the Renix ECU? Or is it just a generic analyzer, like the Matco MD-59 unit I have?

The MT2500 will allow you to read the data realtime with the engine running in a more convenient format, and without having to stick your paws down by a running engine. I used to work for a guy that had one with the JEEP-1 adapter, and I was able to drive about with him riding shotgun reading off data - found a couple problems that weren't problems yet.

I've been wanting to work backwards on the RENIX data stream for a couple of years, and this is the tool that will allow me to do it. I just haven't been able to find one I could afford - and with my wife out on disability for the last year and every spare cent I get in going into medical bills or scrips, you can imagine what trouble it's caused me...

The MT2500 will allow you to read the data realtime with the engine running in a more convenient format, and without having to stick your paws down by a running engine. I used to work for a guy that had one with the JEEP-1 adapter, and I was able to drive about with him riding shotgun reading off data - found a couple problems that weren't problems yet.

I've been wanting to work backwards on the RENIX data stream for a couple of years, and this is the tool that will allow me to do it. I just haven't been able to find one I could afford - and with my wife out on disability for the last year and every spare cent I get in going into medical bills or scrips, you can imagine what trouble it's caused me...

But what live data does it show? My MD-59 shows live data as well, but it does not show live O2 sensor data, or live fuel trim data from the ECU as it tries to compensate for rich/lean conditions. So I ask again, what data does it show? Does it count the number of cute girls as I drive by on the beach?

Since I have never used the snap on unit, can you tell me more about what all this one can do, precisely what it can do, with the stuff that comes with this one?

Back