• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hypothermia Run 2010 (Evans Creek)

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
The 4th Annual Hypothermia Run.
March 13th - 14th, 2010

I have been holding off on this event hopeing that we might still get a bunch of snow and now I have kind of given up on that idea and am now hoping that we can do this soon enough before what snow is up in the mountains is gone.

With this in mind, this years Hypotheria Run will be a little different than years before.

Historically this has been an event for only the most experienced vehicles and campers. Those who have proven that they can perform in the snow and have the equipment to survive the cold night well equiped.

This is the year that if you want to try wheeling in the snow and camping in the snow, there will be NO minimum requirements.

Having said this, I still need to stress the dangers of being in the snow all day and all night. This is NOT an event for the unprepared. I would hope that you would still have a good tent, ground cloths, and an excellent sleeping bag to keep you warm. Several extra sets of clothes, socks, boots, gloves, etc so you have PLENTY of warm, dry clothes and extra food.

Depending on the size of the group and the amount of snow at the time of the event we will have several options.

Tinkham Road (Ashel Curtis Rd Exit 47, on the West side of Snoqualmie Pass on I-90). We will meet on the north side of the exit.

We will plan on camping in tents (we will not be building Igloo's) at the top of the road on the South side of I-90.

If the snow level hasn't changed much from today we will likely run up the North side of I-90, back down, and then up the South side to set up camp.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please come prepared for snow and cold.

Michael

Re: Hypothermia Run 2010

Well if Eli, Doug, and Nick aren't going, I'm out. LOL

I need new shoe's. So if any one has an open seat let me know

I will plan on attending.

I'm going to try to make this again.

What time are you wanting to meet on Saturday?

Good question. I guess I completely forgot about that part ;)

To be honest I am really not that worried considering the snow conditions and the fact that we aren't building Igloo's.

I guess I would think 10:00AM would be fine Saturday morning.

I was thinking that if 1 group wanted to head strait up to the top of the South side, the other group could go up the North side, back down and then head up the South side. At least this way we wouldn't have a line of 20 jeeps waiting on 1 person. We can work out all of these details as we get closer, but it would at least give you Portland folks a chance to see a little more territory also.

Michael

I'll try and go. Snow dependent mostly.

~Scott

Ill probably show up for this. Is this a XJ only event cause I have some friends that might want to go... Or are we hating on the Yotas?

I've been waiting for this thread to pop up.

What kind of snow levels are we talking Michael? I mean, is this going to be "snow wheeling", like last year? Or just driving up a road with some snow on it?

I'm still planning on attending because camping (and the chili) was awesome last year and I had a blast. Plus this year my rig can actually make the journey!

At most, there will be 12" of snow in the bad spots. But, it will all have been packed down. As far as camping, your only limited by your own limitations and abilities. At the end of the road you can walk for 10' and be in a few feet of snow and camp hardcore while still being part of the main group.

Checked with some friends and they reminded me thats the weekend we're heading over to elbe.

Any South end guys thinking about making this?

I'm going to put in for the weekend off, and either head up Friday if anyone else is interested, or do an early morning Saturday drive up.

I no it is off topic but anyone no status of reiter trails. is it open again yet:wierd: oh and yes I am going to try and make the hypothermia run as well, but I live so close I may not camp out

Back