NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2018, 21:45
NAXJA Member

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Artec shock towers...these are huuuge . 20180111_210643-600x400.jpg
Old January 13th, 2018, 18:42
NAXJA# 2091

Was just looking at computer chip stock investment news, reading, and whats going on with one buying another for 39 Billion dollars....cut to the chase, it dawned on me that one of the major new markets for small high speed chips is self driving cars and then I got thinking about all the crap on today's cars the auto industry has on them they can not figure out how to build so they last as it.

Brave new world folks!!! Buy a TANK!!!!
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old January 14th, 2018, 08:33
NAXJA Member

Buying old cars is like investing now. Seems like everything has gone up because a lot of people don't want the headache of all the new crap on cars today. Once these new ones reach the end of their service life they'll just get junked since no one will be able to afford all the crap to fix one. Oh your $3000 nav screen died? That also runs the radio and climate controls and and and....
Old January 14th, 2018, 10:15
NAXJA# 2091

J-Yards and China cheap junk parts bus is doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippled View Post
Buying old cars is like investing now. Seems like everything has gone up because a lot of people don't want the headache of all the new crap on cars today. Once these new ones reach the end of their service life they'll just get junked since no one will be able to afford all the crap to fix one. Oh your $3000 nav screen died? That also runs the radio and climate controls and and and....
I recall freaking out in 1989 when my buddy had to spend $600 for a new Ford Alternator, because there were no rebuilts on the market yet. I paid $450 for my last, running when I bought it, 89 XJ, in 2012.

Hey guys, I have major KJ 3.7 engine damage question in a new thread here (col chapter thread) I could use your all's input on since you all really know this stuff so well. Started out as a miss fire, and head gasket replacement. Then a week later 2 bent valves and wiped cam lobs. 2010 Liberty, with 101,000 miles now, ran fine for 10 months, bought last year, my sons first jeep that he bought....and so far nothing is making sense!!!! His warranty runs out in 15 days
34 MPG , '85 2WD Cherokee Pioneer with custom installed, 64 hp, 2.2 L Nissan SD22 Diesel 5 spd Manual; & 4 Renix XJs, '87 Wagoneer 4.0, 4WD, 89-Cherokee, 4WD, '87 Cherokee 2WD, & '89 Cherokee Pioneer 2WD, all 4dr. #2091
Old January 16th, 2018, 22:08
NAXJA Member

Had 3 says off for my weekend and wasted almost all 3 doing nothing. Sunday afternoon I finally got out and started doing something to the jeep which had
I used all 3 days I think I would about done with the front as I spent 3.5 hours clearing the inner fenders for cutting then fixing the pinion angle and pushing the axle forward then welding some stilts to the front so I could pull the coils...lol... The coils did not wanna spin out of their clips , so I said f-it and just cut them ...And then finally just as it was basically dark I got my first hole cut chopping out the stock coil tower and making a rough hole to slip the Artec tower in ...had I started this Friday morning I'd be ready to fill them and start the back , but this is going to be very easy just kind of a PITA without a lift doing it in a driveway .
Old January 19th, 2018, 22:29
NAXJA Forum User

Back to the Bitcoin thing.

If you're a believer... I highly suggest checking out ZCL.

ZCL will fork to Bitcoin Private next month....
Old Yesterday, 08:15
NAXJA Member

More ORI stuff from. Jensen bros

20180120_080841-550x400.jpg
Old Yesterday, 18:20
NAXJA Member

I said pshh I don't need no valve body gaskets. And then the gasket ripped...and now I'm waiting for VB gaskets. Lame.
Old Yesterday, 19:59
NAXJA Member

With 8 inches of lift 18 inch struts fit under the hood with about a fingers gap and 7-1/4 of shaft showing I could drop it 2 inches but will probably leave it . It's supposed to snow tomorrow so the 3 hrs I got in today will probably be it for another week . I think I may even be able to fit a battery under hood if it's on its side .