• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chevy small block swap questions?

xjfanatc

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for input from anyone who has done this or has done research on this topic. I have an 86 with the factory 2.8. I am looking at an 89 gmc jimmy as the donor truck. I want to swap everything motor trans and case. I know advance adaptors makes mounts but will they hold in the factory unibody or do I need to reinforce it? I plan on using the radiator from the jimmy I hope it will fit with mods to the core support. I know I will need a new crossmember and drivshafts. Any other inputs or suggestions would be great maybe even pictures. I am in N.C. in Fayetteville if anyone has a swapped one nearby I am willing to drive to see it if possible. Thanks for any help in advance.

advance adaptors has a manual that you can order, I think it's free that tells you everything you will need to do the swap. Would be a good idea to have it to see what you need and if the motor mounts need some reinforcement or if you year XJ will need so mods to make the engine fit. I think you should be okay with the 86 but not sure. I know 87 on up has the room to fit a 350 in there but not sure of 86 down. I'm sure someone will pipe in on this. Juice

Back