• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front hydro bump mounts

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
I have access to some material and machinery tomorrow. Sort of late notice and no access to my xj to take measurements. I want to build some mounts for inside the coil, similar to the T and J kit. Any one have any input? I figure the bottom closest to the spring is 4" to 4.25" od with a 2.25" Id. Use 2.25" Dom to fit the 2" bumpstop. Top is the same as bottom but with a flat side with about 4.375" to 4.5" from tip to flat edge. Figure make the plates out of 3/16“

Does that sound about right? Sorry for the late notice.

I did 4" but could have been 4.25"-4.375". 4" of will still work OK. Hard part is finding the Dom I correct size. Think I would have better luck finding 2.375" od and a thicker wall.

We're working on a front air bump insert. Adjustable ride height, adjustable air bump, and retains the coil. It will be available for WJs ZJs and XJs. Just food for thought if you're looking for an option and don't want to go through the hassle of making your own. I think this is a pretty high speed thing we're making.

I dont wanna hijack the thread too much. Just figured I would put it out there that there are people out there that have the go fast bug as well lol. I'll probably make an actual post about it sometime soon and ask for feedback.

feedback..........YES, YES, and YES!!!!

Back