• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ, 2 Door, 4X4, Possibly Up For Sale

May Have to Sell my 96 2 Door!
:doh: Floors are Way Worse than I thought!
Needs More Metal Work than I Can Afford.

Still Driving it though & Hope it doesn't Fall Apart on me.
Presently Lookin at buying another Car to drive to & from Work.
Have All the Floor Pans (Full Length R/L Front & Cargo) to go in it
& Already Have Lots of Xtra Upgrade Parts.

Anyone Lookin for a 96 2 Door H.O. w/ Police Package?

Needs Work, But, Runs & Drives Great.
Motor is Still Strong at 249K+ miles. (50+ psi Oil Press.)
3" Lift, HD Springs, Tube Control Arms (Adj. Uppers Not Installed)
Cold Air Intake, 2" Exhaust, Ford 4 hole Injectors.

All New: Brakes (Front & Rear), Headlight Wiring Harness, Front Tires, Power Steering Pump, Shocks, Water Pump.
Have HD. Adj Track Bar to Install. All Exterior & Interior Lights Converted to LED.
Even Have 14Ga. Steel Diamond Plate for the Rear Cargo Area & 12Ga. Alum for Rear Seat Back, Cut & Ready to Install.

Also Have Lots of Other Extras: Wood for Door Panels, Steel Speaker Rings, Custom Cut, Alum Diamond Plate for Dash Knee Panels & Sun Visors, Roll of Foam Sound Deadener for Doors, 1 Gal of Epoxy Resin for Headliner Backer, USMC Coyote Tan, 2000 Denier Nylon for Headliner, Foil Backed Foam Insulation for Roof, Foil Backed Heat Barrier for Trans Tunnel & More!

The List Goes On & On.
Interior Plastic Trim is Out right Now.
Was Planning on Cleaning it & Re- Installing. (Have ALL the Pieces)

Just Turning out to be Too Much Work for This Old Man.

Just want to see if My Old Buddy can be Adopted by Someone Here.
Been My Best Friend for Over 10 Years Now.

PM Me & Maybe We Can Work Out a Deal.

Still Undecided, So, Convince Me that You Need Him More than I do!
May just keep the Ol Bastid & Try to Learn How to weld.
UncleSarge58

PS: I Have Recent Pics of the Exterior & the Upper Body is in Great Shape.
It's just that the Whole Floor is Going! Will Try & Post Pics Soon.
US58

Last edited:
Since I am not a welder, I have always used cutting tools, drills, nut and bolts, rivets and metal wire mesh and fiberglass resin (on a trunk), fiberglass, and even PVC and PVC flex liner to revive rusted leaking stuff like plating tanks and floor pans and exterior rusted parts of my old rigs over the years. Oh, and outdoor paint-able window caulk. Harbor Freight has a wire feed welder for about $99 that has flux in the wire.

So suck it up Sarge and fix that beast, you know you want to.

So if there is enough metal left, I would sand blast the remaining floor, rivet wire screen to it, then fiberglass it make a water and rust proof floor. As long as the frame is OK, the floor is just to keep water out, and varmints, LOL.

Just Waiting for it to Warm up enough to get Outside & Work on it.
For Now, I'm gonna Tech Screw it to the Frame & around the Perimeter & Seal it w/ Aluminum Duct Tape. (Front & Rear)
Also gonna Thru Bolt the Seat Mounts & the Rear Shock Mounts.
Just Need to Keep it Driveable for the next Month or 2.
US58

Its amazing what you can you can do with PVC and polyethylene sheet and forms. You can glue the PVC together with home depot PVC cement, cut with simple saws. You can also weld both with a hot air tool. CPVC and HD Polyethylene handle higher temps than PVC. All can be easily welded with a hot air tool. Harbor freight has the plastic welder for dirt cheap prices. All you need is a $50 oil free air compressor to power it. I have build entire units with mine, tanks.....etc., Only took about 5 minutes to learn how to weld with one.

I use the $50 version welder

http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/plastic-welders.html

But I have also used a gas stove and putty knife to fix small styrene parts, toys....etc. The $50 version is way faster for big projects, Check out U-tube videos for a how to weld plastic....class, about 2 minutes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cpv...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

This one has its own air compressor built in

http://www.harborfreight.com/plasti...r-motor-and-temperature-adjustment-96712.html

You probably have an oil free shop air compressor already? The air can not have oil in it.

Just Waiting for it to Warm up enough to get Outside & Work on it.
For Now, I'm gonna Tech Screw it to the Frame & around the Perimeter & Seal it w/ Aluminum Duct Tape. (Front & Rear)
Also gonna Thru Bolt the Seat Mounts & the Rear Shock Mounts.
Just Need to Keep it Driveable for the next Month or 2.
US58

So.. Frame good , but floors are fubar'd?

Johnnie Walker,
So Far, Got the Pass. Side Tech Screwed & Caulked in w/ Poly Caulk & Back Bed Pan In Same. Pass. Seat Bolted In Thru Frame & Inside BedLinered.
Not Perfect(Welded) But, It's In & Holding Strong.
Will Do the Driver Side Better, This Summer, when I have more Daylight Time after Work. Right Now, I have a Front Pan Tech Screwed in place & the Seat Cross Member Seems to be Semi Solid. Enough so that I'm not Too Worried about the Seat Breaking Loose or Falling thru the Floor!

Still Have So Many Parts, On Hand to Install: HD Adj. Track Bar,HD Tube, Adj. Upper CA's, Full Set of Lifters, Valve Seals & Keepers, Timing Chain, Complete Set of Greasable Ball Joints & Tie Rod Ends, HD Nylon Canvas Headliner, Wood Door Panels, etc,etc.......

Working Double Shifts SUX, But the $$$ Is Good! Just Don't Have the Time!

Jeep Still Runs GREAT at Highway Speeds, But, Has it's Creaks, Squeaks, Pops & Groans at Lower Speeds.

Just Wish I Could Find a Nice EconoBox for around $1500-2500, In Good Shape that I could Buy to Drive 2 & From Work.
Everything in that Price Range Around Here, Is Trashed! Oh Well!

Actually, I Would Consider a Good Trade for a Accura, Chevy, Ford, Honda, Lexus, 2 Door, of Equal Value.
Straight Up w/ Clear Titles. And All Parts for the Jeep Come With the Deal! Anyone Interested?

Hate to Give Up the Jeep. Love It to Death.
Hopefully I Will Find a Commuter before He Gives Up & Dies.
(250K + Miles w/ 2 Collapsed Lifters & Still my DD)

US58

Do you know if heep is federal or Cali emissions?
Any pics of yours available

Post up some pics if you don't mind.

THIS Jeep Is NOW Officially 4 Sale!!!
Have Lots of Pics & Will Post This Weekend.

Live in the Big City now & I'm buying a Way Newer EconoBox Car This Weekend.
Don't have the Time or Resources to do this Ol' Guy a Proper Resto.

Have well Over $500 in Extras:
Custom Pieces, Parts & Paint (Primer & BedLiner) to go With it.
Diamond Plate Is installed & Bedlinered in Rear Deck & Rear Seat back.
Has Front Drivers Side Half Pan Tech Screwed in Temporarily!
Have a Full Pan that Needs to be Installed w/ Tech Screws & PL Poly Caulk to do it.

Vehicle has as Clear Arkansas Title in my name.

Just figure it's Time to pass him on to Someone who Has More Time & Energy to Fix him up & Enjoy his Classic Style & Proven Off Road Capabilities.
Trust Me, This Has Been the Toughest Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

Actual Mileage is a little over 251,000. w/ Orig. Motor & Drivetrain.
Needs Pinion Seals Replaced ASAP (Dana Seals Included) & there are 2 Collapsed Lifters. (Lifters, Valve Seals & Keepers Included) Also have Head & Valve Cover Gaskets that go with it.

Rear Cargo Area Interior Panels are removed for Cleaning or repaint (U Decide)
Have All the Parts, Pieces & OEM Screws, to Go With.

Also Have a Complete Parts Invoice Packet, That provides All Receipts for Everything that has been Purchased in the last Year. (A Complete Parts Inventory)

Even have a New Turn Signal/ Light Switch Stem, that I Didn't Need (After Replacing the Headlight Wiring Harness w/ LED Headlights)

All Exterior Lights Are LED & Will Include a LED Dash Panel LED Light Set.

Has a Nice Stereo w/ Sony Rear Speakers & Pioneer Front Speakers & Is Wired for Sub Woofers.

All Said & Done I'm Asking $2500 & $2000 for NAXJA Members (OBO)
Help me out Guys & Gals, Need the $$Money$$

Serious Inquiries Only & NO I Cannot Finance.

Contact me here or via email: [email protected] or phone.
(After 4PM: 479-234-0720)
Thanx,
UncleSarge58

96 XJ, 2 Door, 4X4, For Sale $1800

PRICE DROP: $1800 OBO
($1500
for NAXJA Members!)
All Extra Parts Included at No Extra Cost!

Just bought a Car Today (07 Chevy Cobalt)
And Now I Need to Sell The Jeep (96 2-Door 4X4)
Have No Place to Keep it & All the Extra Parts are taking up Too Much room.
Will make someone a Great Project or Work Vehicle.

Contact me Here, Via Phone or Email.
UncleSarge58 479-234-0720 [email protected]

Back