• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommend a Local Shop

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone recommend a reputable shop in the Overland Park, KS area?

I have a friend who slid his XJ sideways into a curb. The lower control arm axle bracket on the passenger side was severely bent and the control arm needs to be replaced. From what I can tell the axle bracket is not salvageable. I would say that it needs to be cut off and new ones bought/made need to be welded on.

It doesn't look like he did any damage besides that. I checked the track bar mounts and the rest of the control arms and they appear to be straight. It doesn't look like the track bar body mount was bent or ripped and the steering linkage looks fine, but, I recommended that he have the body checked for straightness after that severe of a hit.

I have a couple of spare control arms, so he just needs a place that will weld on new brackets and check the straightness of the body. Since I do all of my own work on my XJ, I really don't know of any good places that can do this work in the area and this is a little beyond my skill level. ;)

Thanks

I will have a set of stock LCA's after this weekend that the unfortunate brother can have for the price of shipping. Sorry about the rig.

Thanks bgcntry72, but I already have a couple that he can use. Just looking for a good place to do the work.

Back