• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

86 Comanche Custom

Comanche85

NAXJA Forum User
aSNrqgJ.jpg

Here is my Comanche as it currently sits, had it for 8 years, painted 3 times,lifted it twice, and always upgrading. Looking for wheeling and wrenching buddies as well!

Future plan for my Comanche is to swap drivetrain to newer more powerful set up (possible 4.2l i6 atlas 8), 3/4 axle front and rear, paint and install front winch bumper, add winch.

Is there actually room at the firewall for the I6 in a pre '87?

With fabrication skills anything is possible, sadly I do not have those skills,yet. I do have tons of mechanical ability and complete donor vehicle on hand.

There are also plenty of later GM sixes that would swap in with little hassle.

That is very true but I don't have one. Also not many gm sixes have similar output numbers or engine configuration(i6, dohc, all aluminum engine) 4 Valves per cylinder, 275 horse and torque, its mated to a 4l60e, and is also bolted to nv226, with a g80 with lsd. I got a whole donor vehicle with perfect running drivetrain, just happened to get tboned, so the body is jacked.

Back