• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Do You Need to Get Done On Your Rig?

Hopefully this is just a minor issue which I believe it is...

Drove it to work today and got the 'no bus' code and all gauges dead. Drove it home just fine. I'm hoping the connections just need to be cleaned because I am camping Mon through Wed then have work Thu to Sat. Not much time to diagnose it if its more than that.

I got no bus and no gauges on steves loop. Mine was a crank sensor so I would at least bring a spare.

Yeah looks like Eric might have just gotten really lucky, as you had gotten unlucky on stoves loop. Never a good time when the CPS craps out all of a sudden.

I got no bus and no gauges on steves loop. Mine was a crank sensor so I would at least bring a spare.

Yep, as a precaution I picked up a CPS at Autozone to carry just in case.

I started the jeep the next day and the gauges worked. I'm not sure if it was due to heat or what but just in case I removed the instrument panel and cleaned the connectors. Reinstalled and drove the jeep to work again yesterday. Worked fine. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrows list.

-Service front diff fluid
-Tap ac compressor power for electric fans to come on. Something i forgot to redo when i swapped motors
-modify my locker switch wiring so i can have independent control front and rear
-tap o2 bung and replace sensor
-check all fluids
-check all suspension bolts
-alignment check

Back