• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so I'm prowling to get another XJ

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
Got a YJ I'm working on but XJ's are so cool, cheap to work on and a little more comfortable. Miss my old one. Was trying to buy it back, found the buyer, said the motor blew so he parted it out. Sucks I had a lot of love in that thing. Don't think I'm gonna start from scratch, found a built headache I'm gonna look at tomorrow. Anyone got any suggestions let me know.

It's probably a bit built/spendy for what you are looking for but Leadfoot Offroad in Laverne is selling theirs.

Got a YJ I'm working on but XJ's are so cool, cheap to work on and a little more comfortable. Miss my old one. Was trying to buy it back, found the buyer, said the motor blew so he parted it out. Sucks I had a lot of love in that thing. Don't think I'm gonna start from scratch, found a built headache I'm gonna look at tomorrow. Anyone got any suggestions let me know.

What's the details on the YJ?

Any specifics you are looking for? HO engine? Mild build for street/trails?

Mine's up for grabs.

I found a nice 98 stocker I may look at tomorrow. Rather go HO with the double boost and go from there. But good price is king. Might be cheaper getting something with a good lift on it than start from scratch and dump another load of cash into it too. decisions.

Was even contemplating a ZJ, they're dirt cheap too and comfy

i'm pretty happy with my ZJ. They are a bit bigger and heavier, but the wheelbase seems to make up for it. The only issue with the ZJ is the rear suspension... prepare to drop a little coin to do a triangulated 4 link if you intend to do do any significant wheeling. I built mine myself and i probably have 1k into the rear links and brackets.
It is more comfortable and quiet than any XJ i've been in though. And the v8 is nice....

I'm considering selling mine, just finished it a few weeks ago. I build off road race vehicles for a living so when I say it is probably one of the nicest XJ,s around ..... Well it most likely is. I won't discuss everything little thing I have done here, but if you want something you don't have to put a bunch of money into and has the best of everything let me know you can come by and check it out. The basics, 3 link front, Deavers front and back, fox 2.0, roll cage, ford 8.8, bed lined interior, bumpers, frame stiffeners front to back, basically it's built to go pre run in the desert or crawl. I'm in Huntington Beach

May I asked what the asking price is?

I have a stock 98 too that I have been sitting on for too long... Curious what it might be worth.

230K on it, asking 3900. But with that mileage I probably would offer 2800, come back at 3ish. It looks pretty clean too

Back