• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Anti-Rock on an XJ?

Renegade Jpr

NAXJA Forum User
What would it take to put an Anti-Rock from Currie on an XJ?

a lot. The stock sway bar is bent so it clears the steering box. The anti-rock is straight so it will interfere with the steering when you try to mount it in the stock sway bar bolt holes.

rockequipment.com has a kit that might work. I bought it but haven't installed it yet. Basically, the bar will fit thru bushings and a tube that is welded to the "frame" rails in front of the steering box. You then drill the holes in the arms where you want the links to attach to. I am going to drive my rig and see how it does w/o the sway bar before I do all this fab work.

SeanP

Just to add, the rock equipment sway bar requires 1.25" ID tube to hold the bushings. Just something you need to plan for if you don't already have random tubing ready. _nicko_

How is the Currie kit different than Rock Equip? They basically look like the same pieces.

Currie has universal anti-rocks w. tubes that have various widths and arm lenths. I don't see any difference between Currie and RE. Just mount it slightly forward of the stock swaybar position the clear the steering arm.

the Rock equip is pretty much a knock off of the Currie from what I can tell. Someone mentioned that the RE is softer steel, but I might be mistaken. Call Tony at Rock Equip and ask him.

SeanP

haha, curries is a joke in my opinion. The rock equipment is cheaper out front, plus it comes with aluminum arms already.....if you want aluminum that is...but still cheaper out front. :). My brother just put the rock equipment on his pathfinder, and it helped his on-trail body roll a lot, Don't waste the money on the currie in my opinion, this one is just as quality and much cheaper. _nicko_

GRNT and Hinkley both run Currie Anti-Rock's, but I doubt they'll see this thread. They mounted it forward of the crossmember on the bumper, and they both like it.

If you can do a little of your own fabbing (which you need to do anyway to mount one on an XJ), many race shops (like Victory Circle) sell basically the same thing for a little less money. Currie gets more because it is specifically designed for certain applications where it is a bolt on.

gearwhine said:
haha, curries is a joke in my opinion. The rock equipment is cheaper out front, plus it comes with aluminum arms already.....if you want aluminum that is...but still cheaper out front. :). My brother just put the rock equipment on his pathfinder, and it helped his on-trail body roll a lot, Don't waste the money on the currie in my opinion, this one is just as quality and much cheaper. _nicko_

They're both the same price, $299, minus the tubing, unless you get the tube w. Rock E's kit, but it's not in their product photo.

Plus Rock E's looks to be the same material as Curries non-aluminum arms.

Back