• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Save the Date! Moab 2018

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
***October 9th - 13th, 2018***

NAXJA is holding the 35th Anniversary Celebration of the introduction of the XJ in 1983 on October 9th-13th, 2018 in Moab, Utah. The BOD has set the dates for the Moab event in 2018 and they want you to start saving your pennies for fuel, saving your precious vacation time, and wrenching on your junk, to prepare for this event.

If you have never been to Moab or only go every 5 years, this is the event to plan to attend.

There will be more information coming along as plans are set in stone, as well as an event forum, the BOD wants to get the dates out now. If you are interested in planning, helping, trail guiding or anything else that goes into making a event successful, please email or PM me. If you are a NAXA sponsor and are interested in being apart of this event, please PM me or sponsorship as we'll be coordinating efforts for opportunities for NAXJA vendors. In the coming days, I will be getting in contact with those who have helped in the past to see if they would like to help again in 2018.

To get an idea of what to expect, you can find the event forum for the 2013 event by clicking on this sentence.

It's well worth the trip. Only 488 days left!

mac 'they say you are planning your next Moab trip before you leave Moab' gyvr

Matt 'macgyvr' Rowland
Moab 2018 Event Coordinator
[email protected]

The Moab event forum is up and running!

Click here

Please keep checking back for more information and updates.

Talked with the Warden last night and I would say we are at about a 95% "go" rate right now. Just a few more things to check out but I would definitely plan on seeing us there in one rig or the other. Been a plan of ours to get there since doing ColoradoFest in 2011. We need the experience again!
Rich

Moab is one place that I would go to if I could only afford to make one trip next year.

mac 'it's a good time' gyvr

I would love to go. I don't think my wife would want to go. And it ll probably be a good idea to find a tow rig to haul the XJ all way over there. That and bring 10 spare driveshafts. Lol

yeah, I'm seriously considering making this trip too. We'll see how its looking once we're done with NACFest.

With folks being so spread out, it's probably not feasible to hire a carrier to haul a bunch of us out and then just fly to meet them. Or is it? Anyone ever try that?

I'd be interested in something like that. It would probably take me about a week just to get there in my jeep.

Sounds like a decent idea. I was considering taking like 2 weeks off for it and trailering the jeep. I’m fortunate in that I️ can get a fair time of work off but hiring a hauler and flying might almost cost more...

I,m driving out again.As I am retired,the time table and route are very variable.I do plan on being in Moab on the 8th.

So far from the mwc the best prices we have found are $1500-$1800 round trip per rig.

mac ‘we are still shopping’ gyvr

At this point we're more than likely just going to suck it up and tow out there like we did for Colorado fest in '11. Hell the trip was half the fun. Probably going to get there earlier than the event, hopefully we can take more time getting out there and get a good camp spot and a little rest before the fun begins

So far my plan is James and I are Towing his TJ out there probably take two weeks off . maybe if I don't get laid off at all this year I'll take a third week.

Hopefully the rest of you guys all make it so I'm not the only thing they think of when they think of the North Atlantic chapter.

Last edited:
Back