• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chicago hotels?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Looking for a decently priced hotel in Chicago that is either close to downtown area or close to some sort of public transportation that can get me there in a reasonable amount of time and is rather painless to use ;)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Decently priced hotel in *DOWNTOWN* Chicago? <chuckle> Say hi to the roaches for me.

Me, I'd stay out in the 'burbs, and take the Metra in, if you're going to need to be within walking distance of Union or Grand stations.

More details about where you ultimately need to be, and probably when (business day? evening?) would be helpful.

I stayed out by the airport once. It was cheap, but it sucked, and was not near downtown.

Decently priced hotel in *DOWNTOWN* Chicago? <chuckle> Say hi to the roaches for me.

Me, I'd stay out in the 'burbs, and take the Metra in, if you're going to need to be within walking distance of Union or Grand stations.

More details about where you ultimately need to be, and probably when (business day? evening?) would be helpful.

I have a business trip towards the end of May and am going to stay weekend prior and weekend after with the wife to do some sightseeing (she spent a fair amount of time in Chicago and wants to revisit her old stomping grounds).

I don't mind staying in the burbs and taking the metro in but then again I don't want to spend 1hr + on commute either ;)

Oh yeah... no on the roaches ;)

A 1 hour train ride puts you out at Schaumburg, Wilmette, or beyond. I'd say stay out of Rosemont, that's convention central, $$$, and corrupt as hell (even by Chicago standards.) Even with a 30-45 minute train ride, you should be able to find something quite a bit cheaper than downtown without extra residents.

The O'Hare Holiday Inn is right on the train stop.
5615 N. Cumberland Ave. Phone, 773-693-5800
There is also a great Pizza place right across the freeway, Gino's.
We will go there to eat Chicago Style Pizza, my treat!

You still have my Number, right.....

I am always staying downtown.

If you want the best price, when you get in town, go on priceline.com and put in 90 bucks, in the loop and 4 stars. Trust me on this, I do it all the time when I am to drunk to drive home.

Back