• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speed By Spectre

Looks like a nice kit. I may look into this more so than an airflow snorkel.

When we're hauling butt in the washes, I , if possible, try to get My windscreen into clear air so I can see whats coming. Now My air intake will be in that same air stream. I have hopes for it in that respect. I know it will be less vulnerable than the K&N with mud and water. I'll try to get My rear to Truckhaven soon, and give it a good test.

Thats great that there offering a complete kit for cherokee's now, I pieced my together from parts off spectre's sight. If your worried about dust and mud you could always add a prefilter.

CIMG1089.jpg

CIMG1087.jpg

That looks like it would work well...Nice Job. Not worried about Mud now with this set up, but I am thinking about a prefilter, and now I am thinking of putting it right under the intake at the cowl. That way My fresh air will also be filtered.

^^^ that's for the pre 91 engines. I really like both of these intakes... but 330 bucks is pretty steep.

^^^ that's for the pre 91 engines. I really like both of these intakes... but 330 bucks is pretty steep.

I paid 300.00 for My plastic K&N cold air intake + shipping. So it's not that bad. :)

That K&N cold air intake (FIPK or whatever ridiculous name they call it) is a waste of money. At least this Spectre kit gives you a higher position intake.

Back