• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
So its time for me to make a buld thread for my 95 XJ time had come to finally get this build goin, first ill start with a lil history on it

Got it back in high school (circa 2003) from my parents wheeled the crap out of it stock, blew up the d35 got a D44 then installed a 2" BB, got some 30's and wheeled that for a year
53iu.jpg

Broke the driveplate also rust started hapening so it got taken off the road Feb of 2006, then sold the D44, then it sat in the driveway for a year, i bought parts for a 4.5" lift with plans to run 33's, later in the year i got a sweet deal on some used Clayton LA's and 35" Claws so i bumped up the lift to 6",
bumper_009.jpg

Nov of 07 moved to a new place with a small garage, finally pulled the trans to get the broken flexplate out, trans is still out to this day

nothin much changed in the next year it basicly sat due to tight funds, then come Nov 08 i bought a 93 XJ for $500 as a winter beater it quickly got a bb and 33" wheel it like that then stated buyin more goodid like more lift and lockers, the plans were to transfer the parts into the 95 when the 93 was done,

the 93 locked f/r and armored, its actually became a test rig for the 95
IMG_6338.jpg

well i had a few friends blow up there 30's on 35's so i decided to sell the 35's and go 1 tons
bought a 60/10.25 combo
130.JPG

shortly after i got a set of 38" SX's on Stazworks Double beadlocks with 2" backspacing, its gonna be super wide (like 89")
tyres_183.JPG

pics of em mocked up

mock_up_005.JPG

sold the 10.25 and bought a D70 with 4.88's i belive its out of a late 60's gm bread truck, its getting welded and disc brakes
axle_crap_001.JPG

the 93 was parted out last month im takin the trans from it for the 95

that basicly brings up to date on it

on thurs i orderd a 4.3 Atlas with 1300 flanges, shall be shipped in 5 weeks

i also got brown dog poly motor mounts and block brackets for it

complete plans for it

5" of lift
3 link frt using 2.5" johnny joints
frt 60 fullwith, with 4.88's, lock rite, ruffstuff cover, 35 spline outers and drive flanges
replace rusty floors
plating of frame rails
fullcage
cut 2" out of bottom of doorss adding box tube and boat sides
keep as full bodied as possible

Re: Just a Cherokee on tons

:cheers: here's to getting this thing wheeling before Armageddon ;)

Lemme know if I can help with anything, cause I can't wait to see this thing on the trails

sweeeeeeet...im jealous of the aluminum world map thingy tho :)

This will be the most epic build ever.
i believe the word "epic" is defined as long and drawn out but also momentus. so yes, this build will be epic.

Nice...............:greensmok

This will be the most epic build ever.

Epic......referring to the builder, or the build? :)

Lot's of 1 ton XJ's out there.

Builder.

After seeing how he wheeled a 2" lifted XJ on 33s, I can't WAIT to see him wheel this thing.

:thumbup:

That is fully 4.5"+ wider on each side than mine. :eek:

Are you keeping the front dually width?

no i got some srw hubs waiting top go on, but the wheels i got have 2"BS so it will sit around 89" in frt

And I thought Rockwell's with 4wheel steer on a Durango was crazy..

either this weekend or next week im gonna buy some goodies for the 60, plans are..

crosover steering with hydro assist consisting of
Reid Knuckles with arp studs
hi steer arm on pass side(not sure what brand to get yet, sugestions?)
PSC hi volume pump kit
PSC 2x8 Cylinder Assist kit

any thoughts or sugestions are greatly apriciated

either this weekend or next week im gonna buy some goodies for the 60, plans are..

crosover steering with hydro assist consisting of
Reid Knuckles with arp studs
hi steer arm on pass side(not sure what brand to get yet, sugestions?)
PSC hi volume pump kit
PSC 2x8 Cylinder Assist kit

any thoughts or sugestions are greatly apriciated
Are you planning on using the stock location steering arm for the tie rod?
If so, I'd get at least the tie rod mocked up so you can measure the exact travel ram you need. PSC will limit the stroke to exactly the specs you give them so you don't have to mess with it.
If you are going the entire high steer route, get the arms on and do the above first before ordering the ram/pump.

Last edited:

been getting goodies the past couple weeks

jam nuts ,bolts and tube incerts from Clayton Offroad
fgjh.jpg

Johnny Joints from Summit
jj_s_004.JPG

Ried knuckles with all hardware from Extreme axle sales
ried_001.JPG

yesterday i ordered some Solid drive flanges for the 60

today i also got the final pieces for the exhaust with will be made up of stock header and downpipe, 2.5" cat 3" Thrush 2 chamber and 3" tailpipe

within the next couple weeks i plan on havin the motor swap in my DD done then i will start throwing parts at the 95, cant wait

Last edited:

:party: sahweet deal :thumbup:

Sweet, now put them on your jeep so we can simultaneously jump our jeeps in opposite directions so we can give each other high fives as we intersect.

Ried knuckles with all hardware from Extreme axle sales
ried_001.JPG

Hey! I just got a set of these as well. Aren't they gorgeous? Granted, mine are for a 44, but I'm in :heart:

I look forward to seeing the progress of your build. Subscribed.

Scott

got Deez today for the 60
df_s_003.JPG

im actuall gonna do work to it this week, plan is to install a trans and see if i can get it to fire up for the first time in 2.5 years

Back