• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm New! How do we throw run together here at NAXJA?

00XJinprogress

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, I joined NAXJA back in January but due to tiny text and an unfamiliar forum setup I stayed away. Not really into social media and all that so this online stuff is foreign to me sometimes. Anyway I'm looking for people who want to Jeep in big bear, Johnson Valley, or anywhere else near by that poses a challenge for a reasonably built XJ. I am a part of another forum and am active in AAT on 3n93 in Holcomb Valley so I'm open to some AAT activity here too. Anyways the runs are few and far between with my friends at the other forum so I thought hook up with some XJ people and see what's what. I'm on 33's locked front and rear with a couple other goodies and haven't had to be winched or strapped yet (save for the Odessa Canyon waterfall where I snapped an outer axle shaft because my bump stop fell out and stuffed the tire against that ox locker). Anyways, how active is NAXJA? Anybody want to throw a big bear run together in the October? Name's Aaron btw.

Hey Aaron, welcome to the boards. There are several here that like to get out and spend time on the trails; a couple here in the IE.
I'm just down the hill from you. Normally I'm looking for any excuse to hit the trails and always prefer not to go alone...but will. Currently I'm making some changes to my XJ that were inspired by my last trip to Calico. I'm actually getting close to having it back on the road. There will (eventually) be a rematch.

Welcome aboard Aaron.

You are in a great location for participating in the SoCal Chapter. Our annual get together is held in Big Bear and we are responsible for three trails in the San Bernardino Natl. Forest. I think our AAT target is to do something every month, but it seems to work out to every other month. You can see what we have been doing in the past here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264

I don't think we have anything scheduled at the moment, but keep your eyes out for when something does come up. Come on out, meet folks and get acquainted.

A good way to get a run together is to post up:

I'm going to <place> at <time>, anyone interested in coming?

Give people enough time to plan, 2-3 weeks usually. 8 guys will try to get you to reschedule and 4 will complain that they don't like that place you can accommodate or not, your call.

Hi Aaron,

I usually try to go all the adopt-a-trail runs here. Currently my Jeep is down for some mods but I will be taking it out on 2 runs right after. One will be on some easy forest roads with the kids and the second will be on something harder like Gold Mountain or John Bull or maybe one of the hammers. I will post something on this forum once I have the dates picked out.

Welcome Aaron.

As Cal suggests, make a plan, post it up, and maybe you'll have some company on the trail. Also watch this board for others to post about runs they plan. But you will likely find that our posted runs are also few and far between. SoCal Fest in the springtime is the only official chapter-supported run of the year and you definitely should plan to attend. Also plan ahead the Fall Fling in Moab in October of 2018. That's going to be huge.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=246494739#post246494739

If you get anything for the club and the forum, consider joining up as a due-paying member.

Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately I rarely have the time off to constitute a trip to MOAB but SoCal Fest in the spring I will definitely be there. I will monitor the AAT thread as well. And message received on the post up specific date and plan. I usually throw a vague title out rather than a specified date and time just to stir the pot and see who's interested. Than a cohesive plan ensues. Will throw a date out their for Motino Wash soon, just need to talk shop with my wife first.

Motino Wash sounds like all kinds of fun; just not in the MJ. I need to get my butt in gear!

Back