• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strut compressors?

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had experince with the bigger more elaborate types of spring compressors?

I see a few types on ebay, some use bottle jacks and others a large screw to compress the springs and they don't seem that pricey, under $150. I hate dealing with the typical small spring clamps and feel like I am playing with fire anytime I have used them.

Example 1

Example 2

HF had one that held both sides of the spring on the top and bottom, then used a long screw to pull the two frames together. It was very secure and you could compress a spring on the Jeep without fear of it running off or slipping. It was like $60.

I'd be inclined to take a good look at this unit or one like it.
Retaining pins or not I really dislike the style mentioned above. I know that they get the job done and this pins are an improvement over the last set I used. I don't actually have any experience with the type linked below but they look a bit more user friendly IMHO.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performa...0&cadevice=m&gclid=CLbC487m1NQCFURlfgodDfoJOA

Back