• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood louvers...

I am going to put louvers on the TJ and XJ. I found this company makes a bunch of different styles.

http://www.genright.com/category.aspx?categoryID=117

This is what I originally had on my XJ, but too small.

Most of the louvers are designed for the TJ, YJ, CJ guys.

......................you just now found these guys? :looney:

Bought my dad's CJ-7 rocker guards and my hood louvers from them couple years ago. Good product, and good prices, but the LeBaron vents are bigger, & cheaper! :D

I just started look so ya I guess I just found them. Why do you have so much hate? Let it go. :dunce:

I guess because since buying something from them 2 years ago they blast me with email ads for their shite all the time and tired of seeing it?!:gee:

Those are getting kinda hard to find.

Agreed.

I got a card from a guy that does custom louvers on your hood or panels, got to find the card?

Ask kstutz, he gave me their card and his louvers are custom made by the guy....................forgot what he said he paid for them?

Last edited:
Beware. You must take care to protect your electronics when putting in hood vents.

I've purchased 4 TPS's since installing mine, each one rusting out. Until I covered the throttle body.

Beware. You must take care to protect your electronics when putting in hood vents.

I've purchased 4 TPS's since installing mine, each one rusting out. Until I covered the throttle body.
My XJ is going through a transformation once it comes out of it's cocoon it will have full width axles, V8 , and alot more armor. My Mustang has had a open hood scope for 8 years still on the same TPS. I am putting a 5.0 in the XJ so it should be ok. Thanks for the heads up though.

Hhmmmmm...... had mine in for over a year now........ no problems as of yet!?!!? Thanks for the info!

:twak: You live in Colorado now. Stuff doesn't rust into oblivion out here! :thumbup:

just louvers in denver sam jameson does hand louvers on hood or like mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:firedevil:scottm:

Um what? :dunno:

Um what? :dunno:

Hard to read huh? ...................kstutz is technically challenged, give him a handicap.

He does the one finger typing. :shhh:

........still haven't gotten to see HIS pictures and vids from Spring Creek last month!!!!!!!!!! :looser:

Guess I have to go to his house and upload them for him. :gee:

BTW translated, in one of my posts I mentioned a guy locally that will do custom hood louvers but could not find the business card that kstutz gave me. So he mumbled it all together in one in-cohesive sentence. :D

So I figured since I going to be running Ford axles, and engine. I may as well use Ford Louvers. I picked this up off ebay. 68 Mustang Fastback louvers. And yes they are functional.
BUvbzEB2kKGrHgoH-D0EjlLlyn79BKPBZJt.jpg

Back