• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jon aka 5-90

97green

NAXJA Forum User
Hey naxja, new guy with a question. Jons battery cables have been on many jeeps and I'd like to get a set. He's not been online on any forum for some time now. Does anyone know how to get in contact to see if he makes cable sets Still?
If not, can someone reccomend the next best option.

There is Jeep Cables as well as XJ Wonders who are both a NAXJA sponsor.

I had my cables made at a local Interstate Battery Center.

Last edited:
Speaking of Jon. Anyone know how he's doing? The little bit I talked to him through emails he was very friendly and extremely knowegeable.

This is the first time I've seen his name mentioned in a few years where it was not "5-90 took my money and did not deliver."

Some good options there, go with any of them. A LOT of people make XJ battery cable kits now.

Went through mean lemons. He met all my requests. Hi. From what I've read appears to have gone homeless and thus the issue. He was around for what seemed forever. Knowledgeable And made great cables.
Will check out mean lemons cables when they arrive.

appears to have gone homeless and thus the issue. He was around for what seemed forever.

Well that sucks. And yes, he was a fixture around here for years.

5-90 is now homeless?

I don't want to spread false info but that information was posted on jeeoforum and cherokeeforum in 2016 or 2015. I guess jon emailed a customer stating he was behind due to being homeless. If it's not true sorry for the misinformation.

wow, that sucks, I bought his cables right after I got my previous XJ and he was quick and the cables worked great (first thing I did to it, negative cable was corroded through, lucky I made it home!)

I guess jon emailed a customer stating he was behind due to being homeless.

That could be taken a couple of different ways.

My in-laws were homeless for a couple of months this year. They sold their house, and then had to wait until they closed on their new house. They had stuff in rented storage and spent their time traveling and staying with friends. But they weren't living out of shopping carts, standing on street corners with cardboard signs.

OTOH, the latter scenario could explain the dramatic change in customer service on Jon's part.

Back