• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2,700+ Miles, and No Breakdowns.

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
I did a trip like this last February, and The Bride still gives me grief about "car repairs in three states". And she didn't even go on the trip.

Scope Creep needed to do something to redeem itself.

So I did a similar trip. This being to see the eclipse.

I had to add some fluids, and I have some bearing noise to chase down (AC compressor perhaps?), but no real problems like last time. We are going to call this progress.

I aimed for an area just north of Weiser, Idaho for the eclipse. A little roadside diner called "Mann Creek Country Store" showed as being dead center on the path of totality. They were all set up to charge $20/vehicle for parking. That at least gave us a place to legitimately set up camp to watch the event.

We had clear skies and reasonable temps.

All in all a success.

Here are some pics:

Me and The Varmints sporting our cheap sunglasses:

SolarEclipse7OPT.jpg

Our sophisticated photography setup:

SolarEclipse27OPT.jpg

Most of the way to totality:

SolarEclipse15OPT.jpg

Totality:

SolarEclipse53OPT.jpg

Coming back the other side:

SolarEclipse63OPT.jpg

And not quite stable enough:

SolarEclipse72OPT.jpg

It was a good trip, and a win for Scope Creep.

Now I have to get caught up on a bunch of things before school starts.

Knowing you have something wrong is different from a breakdown.

If the two were synonymous I would be screwed. I wouldn't even be able to get out of the house.

I wouldn't even be able to get out of the house.
Out of the house? That's not the issue. Who gave you shoes and let you out of the kitchen?!

How else am I going to get to the donut shop?

Pick me up a couple frosted rainbow sprinkles, glazed old fashioned, and a jalapeño ham and cheese croissant please.

Back